Problem with install

Soul Sojourner

I decided to post it here before creating a ticket, as other members might be able to help me.

I am to the point where I install the board via the browser, however, it isn't working.

I keep getting this message:

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /homepages/8/d295017974/htdocs/forums/admin/setup/sources/base/ipsRegistry_setup.php on line 27"

The url I typed in the address bar was: "http://www.domain.com/forums/admin/install/index.php" (replacing "domain" with my domain name) but that's what it tells me when I do. I checked the path to make sure it's correct and that the directories and files exist and in that order. They do.

However, I previously installed a browser-based game on the same site and I had the same problem trying to access it's install file location. I just can't remember how I figured it out. Anybody know what's going on? The address it says in the error isn't something I've seen anywhere except in the other error I received when installing the game.

I don't know if it does, but I didn't use the uploader it has on-site as it requires me manually making every single directory by hand and then uploading multiple files in only one directory at a time. As that would take me days to accomplish, I instead used frontpage. I did get an error at the end and it said it didn't finish, but all of the files were there and they were all the right size and everything. I had this same problem with something else that was written in php and required me to use a database. The databases are seperate, but the url it lists in the error is not the url I used nor need to use. I manually uploaded the files for the game. However, with the install of the game I used part of the url that was in the error in the url instead of the url I thought I was supposed to use, and that's how I got it to work. But that's not working with the board.

So basically instead of going "http://www.domain.com/forums/admin/install/index.php" I put "http://www.domain.com/homepages/8/d295017974/htdocs/forums/admin/install/index.php"

It doesn't work like it did with the game.

What I don't understand is how did this url work at all? Where does it even come from?
I'll probably delete all the files and re-upload later. I need to take a break from working on it, thanks for the suggestion.

Your server doesn't meet the requirements for IP.Board 3.0 - specifically, you don't have PHP5 installed.

Your host will normally install it for you if you ask them and you can download our requirements checker script here to check you have everything you need.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please submit a ticket or post in this forum. Thanks :)

Archived