Quoted image attachments don't render

AtariAge

I've noticed that on my 3.0.2 forum (only been running it a few days now) that when I quote an inline image attachment from another post, the attachment does not render in my quoted post. Instead I just see an icon and the filename of the attachment:

quote_attachment.png

Hmm, I did a test in the test forum and it does the same thing here. I don't really like this behavior--was this changed intentionally?

..Al

I'm wondering if it has something to do with attachments not rendering properly on subsequent pages of a thread? That is, if you quoted an image attachment on a later page of the thread, you'd just see the bbcode tags for the attachment and not the actual image. I personally prefer to see the image when quoted, but I can also understand people not wanting to see the same image multiple times on the page. Would be nice as an option.

..Al

Yeah, it is done this way for subsequent pages views for both the reason you and Brandon D said. I don't think it's really feasible to have an option to show the full image, due to the permission setup, at least not without a lot of overhead. I don't recall the exact specifics of the permission issue now, but I do remember this coming up, because we originally intended to show the attachment normally.

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='24 August 2009 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1251145750' post='1848533']
If you want to see the original attachment, just view the original post. :D

Obviously. :rolleyes: But that's not what I was asking, so your post isn't particularly helpful.

[quote name='Josh' date='24 August 2009 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1251145502' post='1848531']
Yeah, it is done this way for subsequent pages views for both the reason you and Brandon D said. I don't think it's really feasible to have an option to show the full image, due to the permission setup, at least not without a lot of overhead. I don't recall the exact specifics of the permission issue now, but I do remember this coming up, because we originally intended to show the attachment normally.

Thanks, I'll have to dig through old forum posts to see if I can find the original discussion(s) about this.

..Al

Archived