MP only if you are added in Friendly list

HDTV

Hi In my forum I have few VIP member and can you add option only friend list can send Private Message (MP) message all other receive message. Sorry this member don't accept no friendly user. And send copy to admin of message.

member VIP have option for can see message or not see all message are not form friendly user.

thanks

Yes exactly and if it's possible have default friends list.

Like only member of same group can send message. Or friends list...

Like Admin are all time included inside this system. I have many women or partner, all time have message PM : Please send me your private phone...

This person ask me add in invisible group but when she post new topic she has problems.

Okay so per user, would have something like:

Receive PM's from:
(_) From everyone except those you have blocked
(_) Only from Admins, friends and users in the same user group as you.
(_) Only from Admins and Friends
(_) Only from Admins.

It should be set to "Everyone" by default, with an option in ACP to change the default setting.

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='29 July 2009 - 05:27 AM' timestamp='1248834429' post='1834881']
That'd be PM not MP. :lol:

when you are not native english speaker is easy to make that mistake

in Romanian, we say mesaj personal, so this is MP.
:) is not too funny to see you always laughing at people that do not translate everything well.
Perhaps we are not very good at English, but we can speak something else that you cannot even read.. :)

anyway, yes, that would be a great option: to receive PM only if the member who sent it to you member is in you friends list

[quote name='vesperala' date='29 July 2009 - 07:27 AM' timestamp='1248866857' post='1834992']
:) is not too funny to see you always laughing at people that do not translate everything well.
Perhaps we are not very good at English, but we can speak something else that you cannot even read.. :)

Not laughing at the person, laughing at the confusion. I try to find the humor in things, helps me to smile more which leads to a more positive attitude and a positive attitude is a good things to have.

I try to understand what the person means, regardless of how they say it. When I think I understand, I try to rephrase it and see if that's what was meant, to be sure. That way if someone else is having a problem understanding, when they get to my post and see that's what they meant, it will help to get the idea across better. Likewise, if someone else figures it out and restates it, it helps me to understand what the person meant.

As a point that I sometimes make to people (this works best for those who understand English and it's structure):
Tha perpus ov werdz iz to commoonekayt a thawt. (The purpose of words is to communicate a thought.)

In other words, it doesn't matter how someone spells it or says it, so long as the idea makes it way across, the goal is accomplished. So I don't go saying "You said it wrong so you must be stupid" or anything like that. At times, I may give the person some guidance on how it's said or what to say, but I never judge a person for trying. :)

Archived