Perpetual License & Spam Monitoring Service

Worldoversea

As the Perpetual and Lifetime license terms were for technical support only: additional services outside of support, like the Spam Monitoring Service, will not be available to those clients holding Perpetual or Lifetime IP.Board licenses. If you wish to switch your Perpetual or Lifetime license to a new IP.Board Standard license we can certainly do that at no charge to you. You would, of course, then be under the new $25 every 6 months renewal policy but there would be no charge to switch. To keep the process as easy as possible for our long-standing clients we can offer to keep your renewal date unchanged for Perpetual licenses and put the first renewal date 6 months from the date of your request to change for Lifetime licenses.
I can't see why someone with a Perpetual License that is paying for support on a yearly basis also be eligible without changing to a standard license. If so, then what were the benefits of supporting and purchasing Perpetual back when it was offered?

Legacy Clients

Hello,

This is currently being looked into by IPS, wait a few days and see what they come up with.

There's a huge thread about this subject here: http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/288805-introducing-spam-monitoring-service/

One comment I wish to make after reading the forwarded url to the topic. Most of you have placed a price tag of an additional fee of $20 extra. There is no benefit if this happens to a Perpetual as they will be paying the same as a Standard. More like $5 for extra sevices would be a benefit for those of us that have and paid extra for such licenses.

@IPS Staff

Could this topic be closed please? I'm hoping for a resolution that will be beneficial to me as are many others, but since the original topic was closed, I can't imagine what benefit this topic could serve other than tempt others to start it all up again.

[quote name='Worldoversea' date='26 July 2009 - 08:25 AM' timestamp='1248614719' post='1833450']
One comment I wish to make after reading the forwarded url to the topic. Most of you have placed a price tag of an additional fee of $20 extra. There is no benefit if this happens to a Perpetual as they will be paying the same as a Standard. More like $5 for extra sevices would be a benefit for those of us that have and paid extra for such licenses.

We have to wait and see what they are going to do.

Archived