Suggestion regarding the Recent Gallery Images hook

helleborine

I'm nuts about this hook, I love it!

However, I'm not crazy with the "above the fold" placement when I've got so much room in the vertical right sidebar.

IN MY DREAMS

The Recent Gallery Images hook would have a vertical right sidebar placement option.

ONE CAN ALWAYS DREAM

[quote name='helleborine' date='24 July 2009 - 02:09 PM' timestamp='1248440964' post='1832393']
In horizontal display, we might want to be able to choose between ABOVE the forums, and BELOW the forums.

I'd like the option to have it below as well :)

[quote name='Andy D' date='24 July 2009 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1248442343' post='1832412']
I'd like to see the option for it to be collapsible and be able to easily choose if it is to be where it is now, below the forums or on the sidebar thumbsup.png

+1 Definitely collapsible!

Yeah +1 on collapsible here too.

Also an option to change the number of images shown. I have altered to a fixed width skin and at the moment 6 images wraps to new line.

Can anybody point me to this in the code so I can do a DIY mod in the meantime please?

[quote name='AndyMillne' date='27 July 2009 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1248649691' post='1833727']
Thanks for that link however I actually just edited the xml file and changed...

Didn't work for me that :(

I tried editing the gallery_images_board_index.xml file that gets imported and tried edting the boardIndexGalleryImages_????????????????????????????????.php file and then reaching the skin. Still at the top.

$img_list->getListingData( array(

'st'           => 0,

'show'         => 6,

to...

$img_list->getListingData( array(

'st'           => 0,

'show'         => 5,

[quote name='Ändrew' date='29 July 2009 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1248878138' post='1835047']
(SOS30) Enhanced Gallery Images hook is a good alternative. It displays on the bottom above the stats and has some nice configurable options. Im using it and love it!

Yes I have used this and hopefully this sort of integration will make it in as standard :thumbsup:

[quote name='Andy D' date='29 July 2009 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1248878719' post='1835050']
Yes I have used this and hopefully this sort of integration will make it in as standard :thumbsup:

That'll do for now, thanks for the great hook!

I still hope for a vertical display in the right hand column, but thanks to Andriano I'm now a little less desperate.

• 7 months later...

I'd love to see more options for placement of the recent gallery images. It feels very intrusive sitting at the top of everything as it is now. I'd like to be able to put it at the bottom above the stats or in the sidebar.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Josh' date='29 March 2010 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1269867413' post='1933638']
3.1 Allows you to move plugins via the ACP, so you'll be able to do that soon :)
[/quote]

And how this can be done? I want to move Recent gallery images to bottom of the page

• 2 weeks later...

Archived