Cosmetic request in the ACP

Wolfie

Wondering if there could be a slight change to the ACP / System / Rebuild area.

It tells you that you only need to run the tools if you are upgrading to IPB3 and once you run the tools, it gives you something similar to the following:

[*]Post Content You do not need to rebuild this content again. [*]Private Messages You do not need to rebuild this content again. [*]Calendar Events You do not need to rebuild this content again. [*]Announcements You do not need to rebuild this content again. [*]Signatures You do not need to rebuild this content again. [*]About Me Content You do not need to rebuild this content again.

I was wondering if it could be changed to be a bit more pleasing to the eye and less cluttering, something like the following would do the trick:

[*]None

[*]Post Content Already done! [*]Private Messages Already done! [*]Calendar Events Already done! [*]Announcements Already done! [*]Signatures Already done! [*]About Me Content Already done!

With it, on the left, an additional note could be listed saying that items that are marked out do not need to be run again.

[*]None

Originally I did remove them as they were completed, but (1) this was reported as a bug... and (2) you may want to run them again (or perhaps we fix a bug in the rebuild posts routine and you have to run them again).

I personally don't care that much either way. I honestly don't spend much time on my "Rebuild tools" page of my acp... ;)

[quote name='Brett B' date='22 July 2009 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1248306420' post='1831162']
I think that's just a personal preference of yours, Wolfie. Why is your substitution more pleasing to the eye?

As you complete the different rebuilds, that block grows larger in size. It also screams out at you more and more. With the 'personal preference' I gave, it wouldn't grow the size of the block and would make it easier to tolerate. I'm not majorly sensitive to something screaming out at me but anytime I have to go through that page, it really bothers me. Also, to see the task greyed and struck out would be another way of letting the person know that it's not necessary to run that task again. The Already Done! would let them know that there's nothing wrong, that the task has already been performed (as is the intention of the way it is now).

If anything, there should be red lines saying "This task has not yet been run!" under each pending task. So that it grabs your attention to make use of it. But I can understand wanting to let the person know that they've already run it.

Archived