Moving servers without manually reuploading, possible?

Hello, I am in the process of moving my forums to another server. Is there a way through SSH or something to do that without wasting hours and hours to download everything on my pc and re-upload everything? it has a gallery too with some pics, would take quite a while, let alone regular files which take 30+ mins by themselves.

Thank you

If you have SSH access to both servers, and WGET available on the target, you could SSH in and tar/gzip the entire forum directory at the source server, put the resulting file somewhere under public_html on an accessible Domain there, then from SSH on the target server:

cd /zip-file-target-directory <- public-html of target Domain, usually.

wget http://www.whatever-domain-you-put-in.com/whatever-path/file.tgz <- or whatever is the actual filename.

tar -xzf filename.tgz

Pay attention to the file structure as it was zipped up.
If you tarred the forum directory *from* ../public_html/ for example, put the file in public-html on the target Domain.
If you tarred from the forum directory itself, i.e public-html/forum, using a wildcard "include" to get all files and subdirectories, make sure to unzip it from ../public-html/forum.

did that, it gave me an error though so there might've been a corrupted archive or something (the error was after extracting though, when I went to browse). Deleting everything then trying again. Also trying to sort out the big mysql DB, hopefully can get it to work. Thank you.

Edit: Actually.. I'm really moving on the same server, on the same account, just to a different domain with different logins-passwords. I'm just going to use the same DB <_<

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in <adjusted path>/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 30

Should've automatically been php 5.2 <_< hadn't been using that domain for so long, guess I had to overwrite my settings. Thank you, would've taken ages to find out myself, since I thought it was already set as php5 <_<

Archived