Marking topics and forums as read

Heirloom

When you click "New Content" it takes you to new posts.

In that screen I suggest a button for "Mark all content as read" and another in the forums to "Mark this forum as Read" (on each post) because when a member has just posted two or three (or more) new posts it's cumbersome (and time consuming) to have to go back (singly) to each post and then re-click the New Content button to eliminate it as a "New Post.".

When we start getting a lot of posts, it will be impossible.

Thank you,

Charles

On the main board index there is a link to mark the board as read. When you look at the individual forums (either from the board index or when in a forum looking at subforums), you can click the folder on the far left and that will mark that area as being read.

[quote name='Heirloom' date='14 July 2009 - 06:02 PM' timestamp='1247608935' post='1826305']
When you click "New Content" it takes you to new posts.

In that screen I suggest a button for "Mark all content as read" and another in the forums to "Mark this forum as Read" (on each post) because when a member has just posted two or three (or more) new posts it's cumbersome (and time consuming) to have to go back (singly) to each post and then re-click the New Content button to eliminate it as a "New Post.".

When we start getting a lot of posts, it will be impossible.

Thank you,

Charles

As a note, there's a "Mark board as read" link at the bottom of every page that will mark the entire board as read.

[quote name='bfarber' date='14 July 2009 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1247609206' post='1826308']
As a note, there's a "Mark board as read" link at the bottom of every page that will mark the entire board as read.

Kind of beat you to it, except I only said the board index. Oof. :lol: I keep thinking about the blue bar where the different links are for moderator team, top posters, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Talking on the same subject, is there a button to mark a post or forum or board as unread ?

This could be helpful sometimes to return and continue to read or remember reading unread post/s after having erroneously marked the board as read.

Is there a way..?

• 1 year later...

Archived