The Load of hidden bugs for a final.

Connor T

I'm not an upset customer, please don't get that from this post. I'm just a bit angry right now.

I upgraded to 3.0.0 from 2.3.6 and all went fine. After using it for awhile large hiccups came into my way which blocked me from doing some basic functions. I posted the bugs and like 6/8 of them are already fixed. However, now with a live board I have to wait for another build to do basic things such as move members to a different usergroup, edit "IP.Download" files, and leaving custom warn levels.

Maybe if the fix doesn't require opening more than 1 file than the fix should be posted? Its a final product and I expect not to have to wait 2 weeks for an update for something simple that I need the functionality for.

EDIT: Forget this, its a brand new framework I understand there will be new bugs since that part of the application is untested.

• Management

There are lots of little "annoying" bugs but we generally save patches for critical bugs. Things that cause your community to simply stop working, lose data, security, etc.

I know it might be annoying to come across those bugs but we are really happy people are finding those type of things and not complete-implosion issues :) Being that this is a x.0.0 release we honestly expected even more "big" issues than we have. Credit certainly goes to everyone that helped us test IPB in the beta and RC stages.

We think 3.0.1 will be out next week or early the week after. We didn't want to release it right before the July 4 holiday.

Trust me, I've had the same extremely annoying problems -- particularly with the online list, which doesn't work at all! It shows members online as logging in, doesn't show members sometimes (including myself, staring at the online list!) and makes 'ghost' guests with the same IPs as well as showing members as guests. >_>

And some of my members cannot get to the board at all for them; it's a white page. Ag. Luckily I was able to downgrade again with the database I backed up right before I upgraded. I also don't appreciate a lot of the 2.3.6 stuff sitting around my folders, bloating the upgrade to 3.0.0.

[/rant]

[quote name='Charles' date='01 July 2009 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1246461476' post='1818303']
There are lots of little "annoying" bugs but we generally save patches for critical bugs.

There are not alone only lots of little "annoying" bugs. Some things are not properly considered. See you this Discussion in the Bug Tracker:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-12137-custom-profile-fields-error/
http://forums.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-13551-costum-profil-fields-funktion-error/

I can not make a Upgrade from IPB 2.3.6 of IPB 3.0 and must waiting to IPB 3.1 until the error is resolved. This ist not OK. They exclude me from further use of the IPB 3.0 out. You have made changes to the custom Profil Fields, without the user from IPB 2.3.6 to think.

• Management

[quote name='Energizer' date='01 July 2009 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1246463913' post='1818338']
There are not alone only lots of little "annoying" bugs. Some things are not properly considered. See you this Discussion in the Bug Tracker:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-12137-custom-profile-fields-error/
http://forums.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-13551-costum-profil-fields-funktion-error/

I can not make a Upgrade from IPB 2.3.6 of IPB 3.0 and must waiting to IPB 3.1 until the error is resolved. This ist not OK. They exclude me from further use of the IPB 3.0 out. You have made changes to the custom Profil Fields, without the user from IPB 2.3.6 to think.

Both of the bugs you linked to are fixed...

Archived