IPB 3.1.0 features

Axel Wers

Maybe suggested, but...

I think I am not alone who want to have more information about new registrations via email notifications. This was suggested already for 2.2.x I think...

Now we get:

Hello,

You have received this email because a new user has registered!

anonym completed their registration on 26 June 2009 - 03:14 PM

You can turn off user notification in the Admin Control Panel

Have a super day!

but this would be much more better:

Hello,

You have received this email because a new user has registered!

anonym completed their registration on 26 June 2009 - 03:14 PM

His/her email addres is anonym@server.tld

His/her IP is 11.222.222.222

You can turn off user notification in the Admin Control Panel

Have a super day!

When a member makes a post that is subject to moderator approval - it would be nice if this post appeared to the user, but stayed hidden to all other groups that cannot see such a post.

That way the user would know it has been made and secondly could edit the post prior to it's approval (subject to his editing rights on the forum)

It could then be marked as awaiting approval.

• Management

[quote name='Axel Wers' date='25 September 2009 - 08:28 PM' timestamp='1253906937' post='1861056']
Maybe suggested, but...

I think I am not alone who want to have more information about new registrations via email notifications. This was suggested already for 2.2.x I think...

Now we get:

You have received this email because a new user has registered! anonym completed their registration on 26 June 2009 - 03:14 PM You can turn off user notification in the Admin Control Panel Have a super day!

but this would be much more better:

You have received this email because a new user has registered! anonym completed their registration on 26 June 2009 - 03:14 PM His/her email addres is anonym@server.tld His/her IP is 11.222.222.222 You can turn off user notification in the Admin Control Panel Have a super day!

Yeah, I like it. Just changed it now for 3.0.4

You have received this email because a new user has completed their registration! ------------------------------------------------ Log in name: jimmy Display name: Jim Smith Email: jim@jimbo.com IP Address: 127.0.0.1 Date: 30 September 2009 - 11:16 AM ------------------------------------------------ You can turn off user notification in the Admin Control Panel Have a super day!

Hello,

Hello,

Hello,

[quote name='.Ian' date='30 September 2009 - 03:05 AM' timestamp='1254294358' post='1862280']
When a member makes a post that is subject to moderator approval - it would be nice if this post appeared to the user, but stayed hidden to all other groups that cannot see such a post.

That way the user would know it has been made and secondly could edit the post prior to it's approval (subject to his editing rights on the forum)

It could then be marked as awaiting approval.

This is definitely a must do!
I've had users who didn't realise they had posts in moderation queues, and ended up posting many times!

[quote name='bfarber' date='18 September 2009 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1253282653' post='1857114']
Can you clarify? You can still set groups as super moderators, or forum moderators, in IPB 3. What group moderator function is missing?

[quote name='Peter UK' date='18 September 2009 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1253313334' post='1857255']
Would love to see this as a feature:

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/293166-group-leaders/

It would be great to see in new version:
1) the blocks of forum, blogs and gallery activity not only on portal page, but the ability to put them right near the forum in the column or above
2) Integrated minichat with the ability to resize the window
3)integrated medal module

1. Blocks appear on extra pages you choose from (topic view, posts view, etc...).
2. Blocks can't be closed by groups without a permission.
3. More built-in blocks included such as: Recently added topics from forum X, Recently added downloads (IP.DM), Most downloaded downloads.

My 2 cents...

I'd like to see in group editing an entry like the following :

I modified the sources of my board (it's just one line added and one line edited) and that could for example remove the "rel=nofollow" for "good" or "active" members... while leaving it for newbees, inactive or banned people.

Dan

x  has "rel = nofollow" tagged links

[quote name='nabludatel' date='13 October 2009 - 07:33 PM' timestamp='1255476829' post='1866243']
member names in Cyrillic (Russian) are not supported, even the administration can not search by name.
The must for ipb 3.1 !!!

That's not true. :huh: You can use Cyrillic usernames and search them in the ACP just fine.

If you are having trouble with this on your site, you should submit a ticket so we can check into why you are having trouble.

The biggest complaint I'm getting from members about version 3 is the way image attachments load up. In version 3 we have 2 options:

Lightbox

Disabled Lightbox. Images open in the same window i.e. you are redirected to the image.

Members are requesting the old system from 2.3.7 where images opened in a new window. This then allowed several images to be open at the same time so that comparisons could be made. With Lightbox enabled you can't save images unless you do a hack of the code. I would like to see a range of options for dealing with image attachments just as the gallery has.

3DKiwi

• 2 weeks later...

As I already suggested: an option to set the topic immediately invisible when starting it.

I would also like to see an option to show the moderators on the board index, like in IPB 2.3 (and earlier). Just a yes/no option so you can choose if a moderator will be showed or not on the board index. I don't like it to see it only at the bottom of the forum index (although I probably can show it elsewhere if I edit the skin). The way it was showed in IPB 2.3 was more clear to me.

But as always: keep up the good work! :)

[quote name='Rik' date='28 October 2009 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1256761383' post='1872810']
As I already suggested: an option to set the topic immediately invisible when starting it.

I would also like to see an option to show the moderators on the board index, like in IPB 2.3 (and earlier). Just a yes/no option so you can choose if a moderator will be showed or not on the board index. I don't like it to see it only at the bottom of the forum index (although I probably can show it elsewhere if I edit the skin). The way it was showed in IPB 2.3 was more clear to me.

But as always: keep up the good work! :)

Yes ive asked for this option in the past and i was told that i could put it a forum that wasnt accessible to the general forum members however i feel this isnt sufficient - also rather than topic open and closing times how about made visible times - so in theory you could post a thread to go live at a pre-determind time without actually having to be online.

[quote name='Arctic Monkeys UK.com' date='28 October 2009 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1256762460' post='1872818']
Yes ive asked for this option in the past and i was told that i could put it a forum that wasnt accessible to the general forum members

I know, I was told the same thing. But as I mentioned in my topic not everyone who uses invisible topics has such a forum to post first and the abilities to move the topic when it's created (read: not everyone is a moderator who belongs to the rest of the crew). So I think such an option is easier than post it elsewhere, make it invisible, move it to the destination forum: why not a simple option in the dropdown menu?

[quote name='Rik' date='28 October 2009 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1256763373' post='1872824']
I know, I was told the same thing. But as I mentioned in my topic not everyone who uses invisible topics has such a forum to post first and the abilities to move the topic when it's created (read: not everyone is a moderator who belongs to the rest of the crew). So I think such an option is easier than post it elsewhere, make it invisible, move it to the destination forum: why not a simple option in the dropdown menu?

I agree - some rep for you. :)

Archived