IPB 3.1.0 features

Axel Wers

Just in case I haven't said this enough...

1) for the ban filters, have tabs (ip, email, username) that way the admin sees/adds/edits what they want. Also would be nice if there was another field, where a 'reason' or comment could be added per ban. (like who the ban is supposed to apply to for example) as well as who added the ban.

2) make the custom profile fields truly flexible and configurable. remove the "if aim then/else if icq then/else" stuff. add an extra setting in the fields, with the url format to use. Something like: [ aim:goim?screenname={content} ] in the url would do the same thing without having to use so many if/then/else/if/then/else/etc conditions and would allow other messengers and services easier to integrate into the profile. (Also, wouldn't it reduce the process time a little, since it wouldn't have to go through all those logic steps, but instead just display the icon if there is one and then create the url/text (again, if there is one) or just display the text as is? Anything to reduce the CPU load! ;))

Another that I thought of, when viewing the hooks, be able to filter the view via a search (ala live search). Type in a few characters and it applies it to the view. Should search hook name/desc and authors. if possible, the filter should either hide what doesn't match, or highlight what does match. when hiding non matches, moving the hooks around should be disabled (maybe?).

If I can suggest a couple of things.

[*]sharethis plugin (or feature, whatever): I think that will be very useful in situation where users want to share post contents to the popular social network sites or some bookmarking site. [*]advanced feed controls: I would like to see a feature that RSS feed brings every new post from some particular forum or subforum.

[quote name='teacher' date='04 July 2009 - 05:53 PM' timestamp='1246744382' post='1820425']

[*]sharethis plugin (or feature, whatever): I think that will be very useful in situation where users want to share post contents to the popular social network sites or some bookmarking site. [*]advanced feed controls: I would like to see a feature that RSS feed brings every new post from some particular forum or subforum. Yeah, add the links to share on other sites next to Share this topic: at the bottom

Make DoB mandatory during signup. You can make the year optional if you want but it will be mandatory on my site.

When an existing member logs in I want that member to be prompted to update their profile and once in the profile area to make the required changes in the fields I have marked as mandatory.

[quote name='Sport Twin' date='05 July 2009 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1246803306' post='1820658']
Make DoB mandatory during signup. You can make the year optional if you want but it will be mandatory on my site.

When an existing member logs in I want that member to be prompted to update their profile and once in the profile area to make the required changes in the fields I have marked as mandatory.

Only if Field MUST be completed and not left empty? like other profile fields :)

[quote name='teacher' date='04 July 2009 - 05:53 PM' timestamp='1246744382' post='1820425']

sharethis plugin (or feature, whatever): I think that will be very useful in situation where users want to share post contents to the popular social network sites or some bookmarking site.

I prefer AddThis. I do think it'd be a good idea to add.

Bring back the 2.3.x Member Page. This was clean, organized, and didn't look like IPB 1.x.x.

Have the above page have an option in the ACP to display the Avatars rather then the member's Photo.

Fix the Edit Posts. Sometimes it loads the quick edit option, sometimes it loads the full edit option, either let us choose, or something. Dunno if this is a bug or Working as Intended...

Just the above for now.

I've been thinking about this one while installing hooks but how about adding this option so that every member can manage which hooks they want to appear when they log into any message board using IPB 3: adding a Hooks Management section in "My Controls" and allowing members to toggle on or off whatever hooks are installed.

[quote name='kenichi' date='05 July 2009 - 10:55 PM' timestamp='1246848911' post='1820943']
I've been thinking about this one while installing hooks but how about adding this option so that every member can manage which hooks they want to appear when they log into any message board using IPB 3: adding a Hooks Management section in "My Controls" and allowing members to toggle on or off whatever hooks are installed.

So long as the Admin can specify which hooks are optional for the members. There could be a certain hook that the Admin wants required.

How about making it to where the +/- rep only occurs if you are viewing that topic? I'm starting to see links popping up on these forums linking to another post/topic that forces someone to + rep the post. I only want to add + or - rep to a post if I feel like it needs it, not because I clicked on a link provided by someone else who felt it needed it.

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='06 July 2009 - 04:01 AM' timestamp='1246849273' post='1820949']
So long as the Admin can specify which hooks are optional for the members. There could be a certain hook that the Admin wants required.

Sounds good to me. I just think that Users should be able to toggle on off which hooks they want displayed. There could also be a feature in the ACP where the Admin can toggle on or off which Hooks cannot be managed by Users. Sort of like:

Top Ten Posters Toggle On: Feature can be togged by Members through 'My Settings' Toggle Off: Feature cannot be toggled by Members through 'My Settings'

Hooks & Applications

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='04 July 2009 - 03:55 AM' timestamp='1246640144' post='1819623']
Um, showing the IP address is a security reason. NOT showing it would be anti-security. Although it would be nice to be able to choose which moderator/admin groups can view IP addresses.

Yes that's what i meant :P a must feature please :unsure:

[quote name='Perhonorificus_merged' date='05 July 2009 - 08:05 AM' timestamp='1246806317' post='1820679']
I miss seeing post icons in the forum view; perhaps it might be possible to add back the post icon column, or at least give the option to? These poor guys have really been swept under the rug as IPB progresses, which I've always found to be a shame. Helps to differentiate topics in forum view, if anything.

The problem is few people used them, and they were often used incorrectly.

With the reputation system -- it'd be great if I could give certain member groups more influence on reputation. So that if you're an Admin or Moderator and give someone a "+" on a post that it counts for more than 1 point of their reputation. I've found a lot of users are abusing the rep system just because they can, going through every post of threads and giving people -1. Since I don't actually know who's doing it there's not an easy way to combat it. :)

[quote name='PlayerOneCJ' date='07 July 2009 - 11:07 AM' timestamp='1246979278' post='1821742']
With the reputation system -- it'd be great if I could give certain member groups more influence on reputation. So that if you're an Admin or Moderator and give someone a "+" on a post that it counts for more than 1 point of their reputation. I've found a lot of users are abusing the rep system just because they can, going through every post of threads and giving people -1. Since I don't actually know who's doing it there's not an easy way to combat it. :)

Just set the reputation system to be positive only. :)

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='07 July 2009 - 10:10 AM' timestamp='1246979404' post='1821745']
Just set the reputation system to be positive only. :)

Yeah, that's what I'll be doing. Too many headaches otherwise.

..Al

[quote name='kenichi' date='05 July 2009 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1246848911' post='1820943']

Yes, this would be a nice addition to "My Controls", along with giving the admin the ability to restrict which hooks can be hidden.

..Al

[quote name='BacTalan' date='07 July 2009 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1246994307' post='1821904']
Already exists. Edit Poll > Make Poll Only

That makes a topic into a voting topic only, no (additional) replies allowed.

He means being able to click a button that would reset all the votes to 0.

[quote name='BacTalan' date='07 July 2009 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1246999473' post='1821952']
Quoted the wrong list item, sorry. :lol: Updated my post.

Still not what they're looking for.

That locks the topic not the poll. They want to lock the poll but not the topic.

Archived