IPB 3.1.0 features

Axel Wers

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='30 June 2009 - 06:38 AM' timestamp='1246340321' post='1817315']
I mean mass downloading of conversations/PM's. Not just one conversation but an entire group of them.

We used to be able to download them, can't believe they got rid of that pinch.png

[quote name='Perhonorificus_merged' date='30 June 2009 - 03:19 PM' timestamp='1246389590' post='1817688']
Since we're requesting things back, how about returning the emoticon side panel, or at least giving the option :) Not sure why it was removed in the first place.

Rikki is already looking to make it so that when you double click the smile face (emoticon panel), it will show the side panel and the choice will (or can) be saved so it always appears. As it is, you have to double click it per post you are making in order to show it. So long as it can be minimized/hidden, I think it's a wonderful idea.

I'd like to see an option where a member (or admin) can request an automatically generated password, like form http://www.goodpassword.com

[quote name='Andy D' date='30 June 2009 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1246381643' post='1817609']
We used to be able to download them, can't believe they got rid of that pinch.png

I'm sure it was because so few people used it. I don't see why someone would want to save so many PMs.

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='30 June 2009 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1246390792' post='1817708']
Rikki is already looking to make it so that when you double click the smile face (emoticon panel), it will show the side panel and the choice will (or can) be saved so it always appears. As it is, you have to double click it per post you are making in order to show it. So long as it can be minimized/hidden, I think it's a wonderful idea.

I'd like to see an option where a member (or admin) can request an automatically generated password, like form http://www.goodpassword.com

How would one know to double click to open the smilies panel? :/

[quote name='Jυra' date='30 June 2009 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1246392038' post='1817726']
I'm sure it was because so few people used it. I don't see why someone would want to save so many PMs.

Some people like to keep copies of their conversations and in order to do that and to free up more PM space, you have to be able to download them and then delete the ones from the board that you now have on your computer.

I'm quite sure plenty of people used the feature, just probably got overlooked.

[quote name='TCWT' date='30 June 2009 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1246394009' post='1817749']

Magic.

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='30 June 2009 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1246390792' post='1817708']

Good to know! Thank goodness Rikki is possibly working on it, because even paid modders won't do it for me :lol:

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='29 June 2009 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1246310425' post='1817042']
Here's one that I'm sure will get some +'s

Reverifying account information, namely, email addresses. Over time, some members may switch to a new email account and forget to update their account information to reflect this. So with that in mind, a few ACP settings.

Tools & Settings/Security
Enable account email re-verification? Yes/No
How long after notification before member loses access? [__] immediately/minutes/hours/days

Then, per member group
How often to re-verify email address? [__] days (0 to disable for that group)

When the member visits again, they get sent to a special page that tells them that for security purposes, they need to verify their information. ...

This doesn't help much. If sometime during the re-verification wait time they lose access to the email addy, they wont be able to re-verify it.

Being able to add a secondary email and even a security question like most online email sites have would be a lot better.

[quote name='Nervosa' date='03 July 2009 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1246594620' post='1819336']
This doesn't help much. If sometime during the re-verification wait time they lose access to the email addy, they wont be able to re-verify it.

Being able to add a secondary email and even a security question like most online email sites have would be a lot better.

The re-verify would use a "send out an email, if it doesn't bounce, then it's still valid" method. They wouldn't have to click a link or anything, just ignore the email.

I think the additional email account idea is nice but perhaps would be hard to implement with Converge. If it can be done then I think the person should be allowed to have up to 3 backup email accounts (none required, but maximum of 3 allowed).

As for the security question, that would definitely be nice. But should use 2 security questions, home zip code and date of birth. The date of birth would only be used if they get one of the questions wrong or the say they forgot the zip code that they used. If they get a question wrong then they have to provide the correct zip code as well as the d.o.b. to proceed. But that'd only be necessary if they forget their password and don't have access to the email account anymore. Otherwise, I can't imagine why they'd need to go through all that just to verify who they are.

[quote name='TCWT' date='30 June 2009 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1246394009' post='1817749']

You don't double click, you click the 'Show All Emoticons' button.

[quote name='Rikki' date='03 July 2009 - 01:17 AM' timestamp='1246598239' post='1819353']
You don't double click, you click the 'Show All Emoticons' button.

Oh my fault, I thought it was "double click". :lol:

How do you close it though?

+100 on
*thread bumping function

*permission per forum like VBB

*thread tagging, how come this is not out on 3.0? I thought discussed long time ago

please consider add a "points" system, whichi is much better than reputation system

with all due respects, so far i don;t see a lot of forums really use reputation system but points system, even on here how many % of members really click that blink.gif

Improve the send PM popup and others.. currently looks really cheap maybe make it a little bit bulkier.
be more consistent with your use of AJAX and stuff. some of the features on the forum are ajaxed while others are not.. add more AJAX, i love it. :D
bring back the switch between RTL or BB Code editor.. i miss it too much.
fix up the member list on ipb 3 it is terrible, the old one was better.

just my two cents. I love IPB3!!

[quote name='ikillbill' date='03 July 2009 - 07:43 AM' timestamp='1246603433' post='1819368']
+100 on
*thread bumping function

*permission per forum like VBB

*thread tagging, how come this is not out on 3.0? I thought discussed long time ago

please consider add a "points" system, whichi is much better than reputation system

with all due respects, so far i don;t see a lot of forums really use reputation system but points system, even on here how many % of members really click that blink.gif

+1
On a built in points system.
And then there would be a lot more mods supporting it.

I really do think the emoticon pane is a must for those of us with a lot of emoticons (I have about a hundred on my site). Right now, we have to either click on the smiley button, choose an emoticon, click again, choose, and so on... or click on "Show All" and scroll through a very long and cumbersome list.

Still very excited about IPB3 and what's ahead :thumbsup:

[quote name='hobbies' date='03 July 2009 - 05:12 AM' timestamp='1246612346' post='1819408']
Hi i am new and i have some questions. Will there be an option to hide members ip address’s from staff members for security reasons? and will the speed of the forum be improved?

Um, showing the IP address is a security reason. NOT showing it would be anti-security. Although it would be nice to be able to choose which moderator/admin groups can view IP addresses.

[quote name='Andy D' date='03 July 2009 - 09:23 AM' timestamp='1246627432' post='1819489']
Yea that is bugging me big time tongue.gif

[quote name='Perhonorificus_merged' date='03 July 2009 - 09:40 AM' timestamp='1246628437' post='1819500']
I really do think the emoticon pane is a must for those of us with a lot of emoticons (I have about a hundred on my site). Right now, we have to either click on the smiley button, choose an emoticon, click again, choose, and so on... or click on "Show All" and scroll through a very long and cumbersome list.

Still very excited about IPB3 and what's ahead :thumbsup:

[quote name='Brett B' date='03 July 2009 - 10:15 AM' timestamp='1246630548' post='1819518']
I'd like the ability to close it as well.

If I remember correctly, I think when(if) Rikki changes it, it will always open up when you first open it (ie, not have to open the side bar of smilies each post) but will also allow you to close it. Basically, remembering the last way you had it (opened/closed) and defaulting to that.

Archived