Did i hear right that 3.0.1 is coming out in a week?

chasz

We do not have a definite release date for 3.0.1.

If a major issue is discovered tomorrow it could be much sooner than a week. So far there haven't been any really major issues reported, so it could be longer than a week.

Matt stated that we plan to push out frequent patches for a little while to address bugs that weren't caught during beta and RC testing, but there's no exact timeframe for each patch at this point.

[quote name='Charles' date='25 June 2009 - 01:32 AM' timestamp='1245889927' post='1813860']
I like how in this topic he's asking us if he heard 3.0.1 comes out in a week. :lol: I'm not really sure what you may or may not hear. ;)

well since i will have to hack some fat off the pig, i would like to do one major edit and go enjoy a holiday ;)

If there is plan to roll out 3.0.1 for whatever reason in a week, the i can wait.....so is there a definite plan?

Its not as if IPB3 has had any major professional auditing for security flaws LOL

I've seen a few forums running 3 already, and none have any problems aside from admin stupidity, lol. I'd bet for frequent updates though, 3 was completely rewritten from scratch, right?

EDIT: IPS almost never gives us an estimated date, very rarely will they, and if they do, its probably wrong, so, "When it's ready" lol. I would think it'd be good to make your mod, I really doubt anything major's going to come up, a lot of bugs were squished during the beta and RC stages, and its been a long time now (What, like 6 months since the public preview opened?)

[quote name='dziner' date='24 June 2009 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1245890220' post='1813867']
I'm waiting on 3.0.1 or 3.0.2, I just want to make sure a few bugs get worked out before I upgrade :) plus I want to make sure people make mods and hooks.

I feel the same way. Here's something I said over a week ago... Pay special attention to the last line. ;)

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='16 June 2009 - 07:55 AM' timestamp='1245153359' post='1810635']
I already planned all along that when Final comes out, I will grab it, do test installs and test upgrades, so that when it comes time that I'll do the actual upgrade on the live board, it'll be a near perfect upgrade (referring to how I handle it). Also, I won't install Final for a few days, giving time for others to install and find remaining bugs that weren't uncovered by previous releases (and lack of a full audience), so that if there happens to be a major bug discovered, I can avoid it and just wait for v3.0.1 (and then repeat the process).

As Magneto said in X3, "In chess, the pawns go first."

• Management

[quote name='chasz' date='24 June 2009 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1245890467' post='1813870']
Its not as if IPB3 has had any major professional auditing for security flaws LOL

We did have third-party auditing. Please don't spread misinformation if you haven't any idea as to facts.

[quote name='iBotPeaches' date='24 June 2009 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1245891527' post='1813882']
I bet 3.0.1 is like the public golden release. They let the eager eyes test it for its huge public release, but before it goes public public, they will call it 3.0.1.

It's going "public public" tomorrow.

[quote name='Charles' date='25 June 2009 - 01:56 AM' timestamp='1245891414' post='1813881']
We did have third-party auditing. Please don't spread misinformation if you haven't any idea as to facts.

by whom??

[quote name='chasz' date='25 June 2009 - 06:21 AM' timestamp='1245907307' post='1813997']
by whom??

Some hobo we found outside the office.

Or it might have been a few security professionals.... yes, that would seem much more logical ;)

[quote name='Strike X' date='25 June 2009 - 09:11 AM' timestamp='1245917462' post='1814034']
If they are releasing 3.0.1 next week but they have not made an official announcement for IPB 3.0

that would be bad business model.

hermm, they admit to using hobos to deal with security issues !! :ermm:

I dont believe IPB has the clout and deceitfulness of GDubya to pull off a "oh experts told us" routine.

[quote name='Strike X' date='25 June 2009 - 04:11 AM' timestamp='1245917462' post='1814034']
If they are releasing 3.0.1 next week but they have not made an official announcement for IPB 3.0

that would be bad business model.

[quote name='Charles' date='23 June 2009 - 11:36 AM' timestamp='1245771403' post='1812964']
We're spreading out the release, announcement, newsletter, etc. so we can handle the flood of support :)

Also, about the security audit issue, if there are other competitors getting security audits done, including the free software packages, then, do you REALLY think IPS is gonna say "We're too good for that?" If they wouldn't get an audit done, that would let the competition look better, which is never a good idea.

Archived