IPS Company Feedback > Site and Miscellaneous Feedback forum?

Wolfie

Just was thinking about how the root feedback forum doesn't get a whole lot of activity and then I thought, maybe some people don't know to check it because it's not as "obvious" as the "IP.product" subforums. So thought I'd offer the idea to make the root feedback forum into a subforum, to help it get more attention and possibly improve feedback from members who get confused on where to post.

• Management

Maybe we're perfect and no one has any feedback?

Sounded good in my head :)

Most feedback people have is about a specific product. The "company" is in service to the products so there is not much feedback there. Though, for example, our new web site I can assume will get topics here. Probably a lot if I had to guess.

[quote name='Charles' date='24 June 2009 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1245871126' post='1813666']
Maybe we're perfect and no one has any feedback?

Sounded good in my head :)

Most feedback people have is about a specific product. The "company" is in service to the products so there is not much feedback there. Though, for example, our new web site I can assume will get topics here. Probably a lot if I had to guess.

Feedback isn't necessarily a negative thing. People may want to leave positive feedback. Also, I know that the hosting includes IP.Board, but someone may have some feedback about the hosting that isn't IPB related. I'm just thinking it would make it easier for someone to find, that's all.

I like to think that the feedback area tends to get more positive comments than negative anyway, because people are pleased with their products and for the most part, when there is an issue (support issue), those who complain are a usually bit worried that their issue isn't being worked on fast enough. Also, allows people to offer up their requests. :)

• Management

We like feedback on things we're doing wrong because then we can fix it. Sometimes it's a matter of opinion what's right and wrong but it always helps in the end.

We also like to know what we're doing right so we can keep doing it of course.

[quote name='Charles' date='24 June 2009 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1245871932' post='1813679']
We like feedback on things we're doing wrong because then we can fix it. Sometimes it's a matter of opinion what's right and wrong but it always helps in the end.

We also like to know what we're doing right so we can keep doing it of course.

Well of course, every bit helps. What I meant was that from what I've seen in the recent past, it's been primarily positive feedback. I wasn't meaning that it's supposed to be only positive.

Like this topic for example. Had a thought, offered it out as feedback. Just that with this, it's not anything positive or negative, it's just an idea. From the sounds of it, it's not an idea that you (as IPS) thinks is a feasible idea, but at least you read up on it because the forum is here for that.

As for what you're doing right.. You're keeping Brandon (bfarber) employed. That's something right indeed. (Don't let him kid you with the "Working As Intended" bit on your bug reports...) ;)

• Management

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='24 June 2009 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1245872225' post='1813683']
As for what you're doing right.. You're keeping Brandon (bfarber) employed. That's something right indeed. (Don't let him kid you with the "Working As Intended" bit on your bug reports...) ;)

Thanks for that. Now he will be unbearable for days. :(

[quote name='Charles' date='24 June 2009 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1245872640' post='1813686']
Thanks for that. Now he will be unbearable for days. :(

Not trying to be a suck up, but back when bfarber was initially hired, I think I commented back then on what a great decision that was. I still remember when I would look for mods to install, I'd always have good experiences with his and any bugs were usually minor and fixed after an update. I can think of another modder that would spit out mods left and right, but then would have tons of bug reports for those mods and usually took several updates to get the mod into a proper stable release.

bfarber has patience and knows how to put quality into the work he does without being arrogant about it. Thus why I made that comment. :)

[quote name='bfarber' date='24 June 2009 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1245873252' post='1813690']
Thank you for the positive comments.

No problem. :cool:

[quote name='bfarber' date='24 June 2009 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1245873252' post='1813690']
And contrary to what Charles suggested, I will not be unbearable for days.

Weeks then? (w00t)

There's a lot of developer documentation on the resource site, and a few "tips" articles, but since I'm not much of a skinner I wasn't able to put much up regarding skinning. ;)

I think Rikki is going to be working towards documentation/gdk/etc. next week. This week, as I'm sure you can understand, has been pretty busy.

Archived