Subscription Manager Suggesting

ᴡᴅツ

If I recall correctly, the subscription manager does not allow you to renew your subscription until the day it expires. All of my members have found this an annoying feature because they plan on purchasing subscription in advance (thus adding to the few days they have remaining of subscription). Could it be possible to have this feature implemented?

The subscription manager is going to be turned into a community project after 3.0 final is released, I doubt this feature will be added before that happens. I believe all IPS is doing with the subscription manager for 3.0 is making it work with 3.0, I don't think they're bothering to add anything new to it.

I too would like to see this feature. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for the subscriptions manager to start getting active updates as a community project, there are all kinds of features that could be added.

[quote name='Archon Neo' date='18 June 2009 - 08:16 AM' timestamp='1245313007' post='1811234']
If I recall correctly, the subscription manager does not allow you to renew your subscription until the day it expires. All of my members have found this an annoying feature because they plan on purchasing subscription in advance (thus adding to the few days they have remaining of subscription). Could it be possible to have this feature implemented?

Excellent point very annoying that I cant have subscribers extend their membership till they expire. Please fix

[quote name='Kotonoha' date='19 June 2009 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1245468987' post='1811822']
The subscription manager is going to be turned into a community project after 3.0 final is released, I doubt this feature will be added before that happens. I believe all IPS is doing with the subscription manager for 3.0 is making it work with 3.0, I don't think they're bothering to add anything new to it.

Well since I read they have to re edit it bc its being ported from 2.3.6 wouldnt they be able to add some stuff then?

[quote name='Zero5854' date='23 June 2009 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1245793907' post='1813266']
Well since I read they have to re edit it bc its being ported from 2.3.6 wouldnt they be able to add some stuff then?

They could.. But then I'm sure those wanting the SM to be released sooner would rather get it ported first and then have things added to it, instead of waiting even longer for it to be released for them to use.

• 1 month later...
  • Management

Regarding the very first post: You have options now to allow a grace period for renewals. This means you can allow, say, 2 days for a renew to take place before demoting the member. You can also allow one to renew a package earlier than their expiration date.

With regards to RC2: I'm working on it today. I'm hoping to have it wrapped up this week and final out soon after. RC 2 will be considered stable and we'll support it.

Archived