need to add some "weight" to pinned and announcements?

chasz

To use a drupal term "weight" as in lighter float to the top and not content significance ! although floating to the top makes it more significant.

pinned topics should reorder according to weight

weight of 0 of course reverts back to the general list ordering.

and it should be ajaxed in with the other moderations options ;)

[quote name='chasz' date='18 June 2009 - 03:47 AM' timestamp='1245293236' post='1811187']
some announcements are greater than others, it's time to put the js listing in the ACP to the front

but if u dont need then dont use, let other have the feature

And how many people want something like this? I mean if only 10% of people want something then it's not worth adding just to please those 10%, this is something that I think would really be best left as a mod. I really don't think a lot of people need this, so I can't see IPS adding it anyways.

I see no point either, just adds more calls to your backend, makes the site load heavier every time someone opens a page or makes a post. Generally there aren't as many pinned topics as there are regular posts, I don't see the point pinning lot's of topics, I think the most pinned topics I've ever seen per forum is around 5 and that's a lot imo.

I agree. After you get past the first two or three announcements or stickies, then the forum becomes too jumbled and clunky.

I don't know how it with everyone else, but most of my community doesn't like to scroll unnecessarily ...

then cut down on the number of topics per page !!! duh !!

your stickies and announcements are important. If they are all jumbled up then the forum looks untidy.

besides it added another granularity that can finetune your listing.

BTW, where are you pulling this 10% ? from your backside? LOL

just because you cant see a use for simple query that add hardly any resource burden but help moderators do things like bumping up a topic without making a reply !! stop ya whining LOL

[quote name='chasz' date='18 June 2009 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1245327605' post='1811272']
your stickies and announcements are important. If they are all jumbled up then the forum looks untidy.

Then don't have a ton of announcements, if you avoid having a ton of announcements in each forum then there's really no need for them to have weight at all. :P

Archived