Perpetual licenses and peer-to-peer support?

cpu killer

Do perpetual licensees not get access to the peer-to-peer board? I was under the impression that we simply couldn't get support from IPS if we didn't renew our license, not that we couldn't get any support at all.

I've got a perpetual license bound to my account, if you need to check.

This article should explain everything with who gets access to what:
https://www.invisionpower.com/index.php?appcomponent=core&module=customer_area&section=kb&do=viewarticle&id=385

To answer your question, the peer-to-peer boards are available to those with active support ($30 per year for perpetual license holders).

[quote name='Stallyon' date='14 June 2009 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1245018993' post='1810065']
Yeah! How dare IPS try to make a little money from their product? Now you can go pay $40 per annum with "other" forum software, as well as extra to upgrade to new releases like 4.0.

If people choose not to renew, that's their prerogative :) There was really no need to bring Jelsoft into this... I thought our community was a little bit above that ;)

[quote name='Stallyon' date='14 June 2009 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1245018993' post='1810065']
Yeah! How dare IPS try to make a little money from their product? Now you can go pay $40 per annum with "other" forum software, as well as extra to upgrade to new releases like 4.0.

Well it's not that I don't think they deserve it. We just can't afford it right now since we're not currently making enough revenue to cover support and leave enough reserves for emergency causes.

/edited to fix the quote... and fix a double negative.

I believe Mark answered the original question. For perpetual license holders, your support contract must be active (that $30/year charge). With the active support contract you get official support from us, access to our peer to peer forums, and full access to the resources at http://resources.invisionpower.com. Note that we may, from time to time, offer additional incentives to active customers to show our appreciation which you'd of course be entitled to as well.

If you have any further questions feel free to shoot an email to sales[@]invisionpower.com and they'd be happy to answer. :)

Archived