Site REALLY Slow!

dieselpowered

[quote name='bfarber' date='15 June 2009 - 10:34 AM' timestamp='1245090869' post='1810340']
We pretty much always put our early pre-final releases on these forums in order to test, profile and discover issues that you just can't nail down in a development environment. I mean, I don't have half a million posts and 500 users online on my localhost - it's sometimes not possible to see that there is an issue with a feature until you put it in a live environment.

I'm not saying its a bad idea to have public beta tests. However to have a public beta test on a server that you know would likely cause performance issues is not a good idea and that was what I was referring to. Gotta put your best foot forward at all times and sharing resources in this case had some negative effects that could have turned off future customers. And yes, its fine now :)

BTW I bought the suite today to start initial testing for future projects. Probably wouldn't have happened if there were still doubts about performance.

• Management

I get where you're coming from, Ditchmonkey :) ... Brandon was just saying that a benefit to having public testing on a slow server is that any performance issues in IPB3 showed up REALLY quickly and we could diagnose them. Sort of a fringe benefit.

Archived