Highlighting Official "Moderator" Posts on IPB

Rheddy

You could make a BBCcode using the defualt Error background things that Ip Board 3 usues. I have one that makes the post look like it has an error message in it, although I can make it bigger I think. Ill test it out. But you could try this code:

Ofcoruse you can add or remove the <br />'s as needed.

Edit: Yea this works well.

picture2dxx.png

<div class="message error">{option}! {content} <br /><br /> <br /><br /> <br /><br /> <br /><br /></div>

You could make a BBCcode using the defualt Error background things that Ip Board 3 usues. I have one that makes the post look like it has an error message in it, although I can make it bigger I think. Ill test it out. But you could try this code: Ofcoruse you can add or remove the <br />'s as needed. Edit: Yea this works well. picture2dxx.png

<div class="message error">{option}! {content} <br /><br /> <br /><br /> <br /><br /> <br /><br /></div>

​What you show is just what I want to do (aside from the Warning! message) -- change background color of the post window.  But I have no idea how you did it,  nor what the br's mean, nor where you put them in the system, nor what div does nor any of the rest of it.

It looks to me like the comments on this thread are written in brachylogy on the assumption that the reader knows a lot of other assumed stuff not mentioned.  Nothing I tried works.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure one of the plugin developers could make this. We had something similar for vBulletin where the moderators had a checkbox to mark posts as 'official messages'. This then added a class to the post div which we could customize in the admin. It might be worth seeing if you can get it coded if it's a key requirement for you? We would like it too - but I'm not sure IPS are going to add features like this to the core software.

Archived