Highlighting Official "Moderator" Posts on IPB

Rheddy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chasz, the way I deal with that problem is that if a member of my community removes a comment that was placed in their topic by a Moderator, they receive a warning strike and possibly a temporary suspension from the forums.

I made this for my previous board. If there are any interests in it, I can probably port it to 3.0.

i am interested in this: what are the other classes to get the yellow and green? we have blue and red

there is NO if clause for the {option} in bbcode parsing?

• 2 weeks later...

OOOOH..

Um...

What name do you want to use? like [warn] and [/warn] for example. In the bbCode page, there is an empty box with [ and ] on either side, that's where you put that name at.

Give me a few minutes and I'll try to give you a screenshot to use.

ipboard300bbcode1.jpg

ipboard300bbcode2.jpg

You'll notice that "Option is optional?" is at the bottom of the first and the top of the second screenshots. I did that on purpose, so you know that nothing was skipped over.

Hope this helps. :)

Edit:
I also included a ZIP file with the bbCode in XML format so you can import it. You only need to change the groups that may use the code.

bbcode-warn.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Problem...probably bc of the coding in IPB 3.0 which will probably be fixed in 3.01.

When I use the bbcode when I edit a post and save it shows the unparsed bbcode..BUT when I click EDIT again and save it shows correctly..THEN if I leave the post and come back the warning bbcode shows upo as text again unparsed?

Problem...probably bc of the coding in IPB 3.0 which will probably be fixed in 3.01.

When I use the bbcode when I edit a post and save it shows the unparsed bbcode..BUT when I click EDIT again and save it shows correctly..THEN if I leave the post and come back the warning bbcode shows upo as text again unparsed?

Any help on this please? This has NOT been fixed in 3.01

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

This is not tested btw...

Just use [postcol=color] and the post background color will change. :)

​It did not work for me.  Wanting to get a black screen window, I tried numerous variations on your postcol advice, like:

1) [postcol=color],

2) [postcol=color] . . . [/postcol=color],

3) [postcol=000000],

4) [postcol=000000] . . . [/postcol],

5) [postcol=#000000] . . .  [/postcol].

Did you go to the BBCode section under Look & Feel and create a new BBCode, as postcol is not in the menu?

Nothing worked.  If there is more explanation, I would be grateful to read it.

Archived