The New ACP Template Editor

abney317

The new ACP template editor is really great... it's got find and replace and a lot of really convenient things in it.... but for me, it lags a bit when I go to it.... if I'm on it for a while it's ok... but if I minimize the window or something and open it back up it lags and takes a while to load... but it still is nice to have
there should be maybe a lighter version that just has the codes like the old one in case I'm just needing it use it for small things so that it will load quicker

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='chasz' date='12 June 2009 - 09:35 PM' timestamp='1244856956' post='1809522']
but it has no tab functions !!!! and so sensitive !! press shift and it think u edited something

Oh no, how dare it error on the side of safety by trying to protect any data changes from being lost by giving you the option to save those changes! There should be a law against it! :D

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='16 June 2009 - 09:32 AM' timestamp='1245159175' post='1810656']
Oh no, how dare it error on the side of safety by trying to protect any data changes from being lost by giving you the option to save those changes! There should be a law against it! :D

In his defense, it is kind of annoying. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Ryan H.' date='16 June 2009 - 10:11 AM' timestamp='1245161513' post='1810668']
In his defense, it is kind of annoying. :rolleyes:

True, but I'd rather be annoyed by that, than to be annoyed by it being the opposite.

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='16 June 2009 - 10:21 AM' timestamp='1245162107' post='1810669']
True, but I'd rather be annoyed by that, than to be annoyed by it being the opposite.

What, by being able to use the tab key and by not having shortcut commands change its' saved state? :huh:

• Management

Remember there is the option to create skin specific 'master' folders so you can work outside the ACP in your favourite editor. No matter how fancy a JS editor gets, it's never going to replace what you use on your desktop so we figured why even try?

That said, for a later version we're going to see about writing something a little better to use. At the very least I would like to get the ability to press Tab in place. The full syntax highlighter simply wasn't working out though.

[quote name='Matt' date='22 June 2009 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1245688837' post='1812500']
Remember there is the option to create skin specific 'master' folders so you can work outside the ACP in your favourite editor. No matter how fancy a JS editor gets, it's never going to replace what you use on your desktop so we figured why even try?

"Do or Do NOT. there is NO try" as some Jedi Master once opinioned. We admire that but how about TRY a little harder ;)

[quote name='Rikki' date='22 June 2009 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1245689276' post='1812502']
That said, for a later version we're going to see about writing something a little better to use. At the very least I would like to get the ability to press Tab in place. The full syntax highlighter simply wasn't working out though.

Who said anything about the syntax highlighter?

just need the line numbers and the tab and search

[quote name='chasz' date='22 June 2009 - 01:18 PM' timestamp='1245691124' post='1812525']
"Do or Do NOT. there is NO try" as some Jedi Master once opinioned. We admire that but how about TRY a little harder ;)

Who said anything about the syntax highlighter?

just need the line numbers and the tab and search

Line numbers are very difficult to implement unfortunately. Tabbing is acknowledged, and searching is unnecessary, all browsers have a built in ability to do it :)

[quote name='aurorawx' date='22 June 2009 - 01:10 PM' timestamp='1245690623' post='1812519']
ipb3editor.png

the tabbing and alignment is whacked.

looks fine to me... the only reason it looks like crap is that it's word wrapping on pretty much every line.

which, admittedly, is not the best situation. Would perhaps be better if the editor were wider and the font slightly smaller [and an option to disable word wrap?].

[quote name='Rikki' date='22 June 2009 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1245691396' post='1812531']
Line numbers are very difficult to implement unfortunately. Tabbing is acknowledged, and searching is unnecessary, all browsers have a built in ability to do it :)

Shame on you Rikki regarding the search, nah im only joking :) I must admit when coding in the old ipb as i haven't tested 3.0 yet having a search in the template was good and even a search and replace so u don't have to go through all the templates looking for a certain tag kindoff like vb has. Line numbers i myself wouldn't use but yeah like you said it would be hard to implement, can't wait to start making themes again for 3.0 been many yrs since i did that :P

Archived