Suggestion: Easy Portal

Warzone

Hellooo,
Well, i have a hard time figure out how to set up IPB Portal! and maybe others have it to!'
But, what about BFarber Portal as difficult @ an IPB Portal! its easy to add menu's, and images etc!, and you can like add addons/plugins..
And everyone be happy :D(most me)
Just a suggestion!!

- From a guy who don't like to sweat over the keyboard :D

I don't think we'd ever integrate my old modification, though we might enhance the IPB portal a little more over time.

What specifically do you have trouble setting up? When you go to the portal page in the ACP there's a list of the "plugins" available. I think you presently have to edit the skin template to show them - could probably change that so you can just enable/disable them I suppose. Other than that, anything specific?

hehe! yeah... :) well, thats kinda the problem, i don't have any one who know how to code, i cant do it, im afraid i will
get the website messed up... :) oh well, i have to wait for a Hook/Application for a Portal :) :D

You can add custom content blocks easily with the default portal.

Setting up and modifying the built in portal is in fact pretty easy. Just a matter of a few skin edits as Brandon suggests. Have a look at my site here for an example of what can be done using the built in portal and a custom skin from Dragonfly. I've made it 3 columns, removed some stuff like the calendar and added my own custom block.

3DKiwi

Yeah, nice one! but peoples like me, dont get any help from coders, and those who know this stuff, they just say that,
they are to busy or they have no time and so on, and trust me, i ask MANY!! all of them said no!

And, like myself, i don't know so much about messing with codes.. yeah ofc i can make a backup etc but whats the point?
i don't wanna waist time on things i really don't know a s*** about... ^^,)

I would be great of BFarber if he made a portal, like he did for 2.3.0 versions..^^ i think :)

I'm not a coder, well not really. I've learnt how to customize skins / IPB by asking specific questions and doing lots of searches here and at other IPB sites. The skin code is pretty much html so if you know basic html then making a few changes is pretty easy to do. Usually the hardest part is finding our where to make the changes.

When I started my site I started it with friend who was a professional web site manager. Initially he did everything on our forum software which wasn't IPB. He's moved on and I had no option but teach myself.

So all you need to do is start asking specific questions. e.g. How do I make the default portal have 3 columns.

3DKiwi

Hmm, yeah, i really dont have "time" to learn such tings, i made everything my self on that Attachment, but then my host just deleted my database... -.-
it took me some weeks to make the skin, the codes(i got some help for the last uploaded images) but i did everything myself :)

Well, need to find a guy who an help me...
and i think the IPB.Portal are kinda, hmm, its like a boring portal with nothing from a to w ,
its one c - a to u... nothing in order... ^^,) i like when its clean and in order... :D, this one are to messy...

Archived