RC1 Release

Lee Craven

Feel free to close/delete my thread, again it's not to stir confusion or irritate anyone.

I'm not being sour I'm asking questions just like I would every 6 months when I'm due my 'Free Clear Coat' application for my truck.

IPS is something I pay for, and honestly, when I invest money into something (not a small amount either) I expect the company I pay for a product to be upfront and honest with me.

I do commercial Hazmat Demolition for a living, when a customer pays me to demolish there house/factory or whatever, they are paying me, and I treat them as my #1 priority because there business is the key to my succcess I want them to be able to approach me, I want there returning business and word of mouth sales for me because I'm honest and I answer there questions.

@Brandon B

Deadlines are meant to be broken, nobody disputes that, but giving customers input and feedback is the key here, I feel like a bad rumor directing people here to IPB to purchase IPB by telling them it should be released on or around the days stated, and here we are down the road and no release, who do you think get's the bad feedback? Not IPB but me, I try to get sales here for you guys, yet it's similar to a bad car salesmans promises.......

Nuff said on my behalf, feel free to torch the thread.

This thread is a prime example of why IPS is always hesitant to release internal deadlines - you guys treat it like it's the bible.

When I first saw this thread, I thought Lee was joking... it's been 2 weeks and 4 days since we said '2 weeks'.

RC 1 will be out very soon, I promise you. You can see the QA team have been submitting bugs for the past couple of days which should tell you that the release is imminent.

I was joking to begin, but then some people jumped on me so to speak, all I wanted was an update, I'm chilled and relaxed again. I just have my moments :D Sorry :P

Love you guys, I'm sorry for starting yet another famous moaning thread, this WASN'T my intention.

Kudos to all the dev's and beta testers!

Not really it was originally stated it would be ready in December 08 its now May 09.

Im sure it will be a good product but paying customers dont have to thank anyone for releasing a project massively over its first general release timeframe.

[quote name='Μichael' date='13 May 2009 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1242265139' post='1801509']
I told you the same thing...

Yes, you did. I apologize.

How often does that task run normally? I ask becasuse I do not use BLOG and it is still not updated for me here.

http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/272171-ip-board-3-0-development-introduction/

There is a caveat - one they massively overshot :lol:

Of course this is just the short version. Keep an eye on our blog for more detailed updates and new feature reveals in the coming weeks. And finally, when will it be released? Right now we are thinking the fourth quarter of 2008 (IP.Board, IP.Blog, IP.Gallery, and IP.Downloads will all receive a new version at the same time) but of course that's subject to change... it could very well be sooner...

[quote name='sunrisecc' date='14 May 2009 - 09:24 AM' timestamp='1242307479' post='1801607']

Yes, you did. I apologize.

How often does that task run normally? I ask becasuse I do not use BLOG and it is still not updated for me here.

It's the normal forum RSS import functionality. Nothing specific to blog. :)

I think the task runs every few hours, or at least once a day.

And, for the record (now that RC1 is released) we weren't even a week over our estimate. We did the best we could in estimating how long it would take - give us some slack lol.

[quote name='bfarber' date='14 May 2009 - 02:41 PM' timestamp='1242308482' post='1801620']

It's the normal forum RSS import functionality. Nothing specific to blog. :)

I think the task runs every few hours, or at least once a day.

And, for the record (now that RC1 is released) we weren't even a week over our estimate. We did the best we could in estimating how long it would take - give us some slack lol.

I'm afraid 4 days is still over what you said and quite frankly, I'm apalled. <_<

Only joking bfarber :P Thanks for the hard work guys. I've already got my BETA5 skin upgraded to RC1. Took about 20 mintues!. Loving the new templates - They're a lot cleaner now :)

Archived