RC1 Release

Lee Craven

I know in the blog it stated to expect the release within 2 weeks (or so...) - Just curious how much longer we have, I'm actually trying to give an update to my current active forum members as it's an almost nagging daily question now. I'm sure I speak for many, this isn't me trying to bug, I've just not seen any other news/updates on how soon the new release is going to be.

Thanks and again, good job to all the staff and other beta testers so far, it's rocking!

Sigh, another "when will it be released" thread...

Apparently for each one created it brings that magical date forward an hour.

Seriously though, the answer is "when it is ready". IPS never have public release dates :)

They also told us quarter 4 in 2008 then scratched that now not even quarter 2 in 2009 is going to be achieved. I dont mean to sound like im having ago just that the timeframes dont mean a lot to IPS.

Just have to wait till its ready :)

[quote name='Oasismad BFC' date='13 May 2009 - 02:54 AM' timestamp='1242212066' post='1801288']
They also told us quarter 4 in 2008 then scratched that now not even quarter 2 in 2009 is going to be achieved. I dont mean to sound like im having ago just that the timeframes dont mean a lot to IPS.

Just have to wait till its ready :)

I know nobody is having ago, I'm just getting impatient :lol: every day I visit the tracker almost all the bugs are fixed, I check it before bed and there is a new page full :lol: - I want it to be stable, so I'm trying not to seem like I'm whining (love the barneys girlfriending for b1tch1ng swear filter :lol:), I'm just looking for information, trying to hear it from the staff themselves not the members, it's more comforting coming from the staff if you see my point of view. We are all just looking for updates I'm sure, and the last info we got was from Charles with the blog saying 2 weeks or so, from a more professional stand point, you would expect a short update upon the 2 weeks if that makes sense?

I know if I was releasing/selling something and I gave a round about date, I would inform people watching that date new updates/setbacks etc, thats just courtesy.

Ok I'm done 'Barneys Girlfriend'ing now, I feel better :D

Again what an active post I've created, similar to the "quick question" one I posted before haha - No I understand +/- a week or two, I'm just being impatient and wanted an update, happy you were able to pass one forth to me :D - As for the skin contest, well good luck fellas, wish I could compete, I have enough issues navigating the board let alone coding styles for it :lol:

[quote name='Shahid-Hussain' date='13 May 2009 - 10:06 AM' timestamp='1242227178' post='1801345']
you people need to be patient and go out more lol

Easier said than done when ya gotta leave for basic training in a month for 2 months with members waiting on board upgrade :P

[quote name='bfarber' date='13 May 2009 - 03:19 PM' timestamp='1242224396' post='1801334']
I can say it's coming soon. As of right now it's been 2 weeks + 3 days. It's not like we're 3 months off from the estimate. ;) He did say "or so" which you should interpret to mean "plus or minus a week roughly".

Just say "When it's ready™" :P

[quote name='Shahid-Hussain' date='13 May 2009 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1242227178' post='1801345']
you people need to be patient and go out more lol

:lol:

[quote name='iBotPeaches' date='13 May 2009 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1242227752' post='1801346']
Not when 2000 bucks is on the line. This is a matter of beating manHa or loosing to manHa. I need every minute.

You're going to need more than just a few extra days to beat manHa... everyone will... :ermm:

[quote name='Kotonoha' date='13 May 2009 - 11:45 AM' timestamp='1242240308' post='1801398']
Just say "When it's ready™" :P

That was funny at first, but now it's just annoying, you should probably just stop while your ahead.

But look at the bright side!......never mind, there is no bright side, whens RC 1 coming out?

Archived