IPB 2.3.1 to IPB 3.0.0 Upgrade

AbarJigs

I want to upgrade my board )IPB 2.3.1) to IPB 3.0.0. i have installed few mods,edited skins & components on my board.

do i need to reinstall all the mods after conversion or do i need to uninstall all the mods before converting to iPB 3.0.0

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

As already stated your modifications will not work on 3.0. You can't reinstall them, reapply the edits, etc. They simply won't work. You will need to contact the modification authors to find out if they have written updates for 3.0, or if they plan to.

Thanks for all the tips..one last suggestion i want to know..is it going to be a wise decision to convert my ipb 2.3.1 to ipb 3.0 RC 5 now?? i have around 16000 users, 110000+ posts...is it going to create any problem ?? can i easily convert to 3.0 stable version if i convert it to RC 5 now?

I assume you mean RC1. We do not provide support for RC1, however we believe you shouldn't have any issues upgrading now and then upgrading to final when it's released.

That said, there are always bugs and issues in pre-final software, so if you cannot address them or live with them until they're fixed, you may find it better to wait for final.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for bothering again.I just install a fresh ipb 3.0 RC 1 and i want to convert my ipb 2.3.1 on that IPB 3.0 RC1.i tried to run the update script but that did not find any file to update..

Any suggestion??

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

Archived