Emoticons in signatures

Michael

Because I think we last talked about this on the old preview board, I'll revive the discussion here.

Why, oh why, can we not use emoticons in signatures? All that has to be done to re-enable this feature is toggle a couple of flags that stop them from working, and after that they work just fine. No additional queries are added to the page when viewing these signatures. I think it's more of a legacy issue that they did cause problems in the past.

Last I recall IPS was going to look into this, but I don't think anything was ever finalized about it.

+1 :)

I have wondered about this too, (typically I just copy and insert the emoticon image URL as I like to have one in my signature)

Having the emoticon pop-up available in the edit signature would be nice :cool:

• 2 years later...

I use this after each upgrade to bring them into signatures: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/342099-emoticons-in-signature

IMHO they should already be enabled by default. It's just silly to disable a common posting feature from signatures. If you can use images in signatures, you should be able to use smilies.

Thanks for the information. I still don't want this to fall off the radar again. It was brought up in 2009 and even then no one really knew why it wasn't supported. So emoticons in signature by default please :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived