Approximate date of 3.0 Final Release?

corise

Thanks everyone for your input, discussion and also a big thank you to all the beta-testers for doing a good job. Charles, good that you posted the update on the RC release (for some) but again i will have to point out that me and other 'end users' who are only interested in the finished final product could probably not care less about the versions before reaching the final product.

I for one will keep paying for the license and not interrupt my subscription for any of the above reasons coz i think IPB is the best with great support people. Aside this praising i would like to see a more transparent time schedule or external deadline communicated to us impatient end users who have no interest in pursuing Beta's, RC versions or 'other' releases that aren't final.

• Management

[quote name='corise' date='27 April 2009 - 09:27 AM' timestamp='1240838851' post='1798258']
Thank you everyone for you input, discussion and also a big thank you to all the beta-testers for doing a good job. Charles, good that you posted the update on the RC release (for some) but again i will have to point out that me and other 'end users' who are only interested in the finished final product could probably not care less about the versions before reaching the final product.

I for one will keep paying for the license and not interrupt my subscription for any of the above reasons coz i this IPB is the best with great support people. Aside this praising i would like to see a more transparent time schedule or external deadline communicated to us impatient end users who have no interest in Beta's and RC versions and releases.

I understand that you are after the final release but the fact that RC is nearing is actually quite important :) It shows that the product is very nearly stable and goes toward your original question of an approximate release date of 3.0 final.

Some seem to think that we purposely withhold release dates for fun and excitement when the reality is that, although we have internal dates in mind, announcing them just brings on confusion. For example, we can say "IPB Beta will be out by X date" but others would forget about the "beta" part and then flip out that IPB is not 100% done by that date.

It's just safer for all if we give general ideas, like announcing RC stage, than specific dates.

[quote name='Charles' date='27 April 2009 - 08:33 AM' timestamp='1240839234' post='1798262']It's just safer for all if we give general ideas, like announcing RC stage, than specific dates.

Glad to hear it. The less complaining on the forum the better. :)

It looks pretty much exactly the same (just as bad) as it did before Christmas, when we was initially told, it was likely to be released around that time.

Where is the new skin? If we're going to have to wait months on end for you to get it stable enough to release at least keep customers happy with a decent skin cause the current one is poor and always has been always will be, and surely will only be useful to those with skinning capabilities that can work miracles with it to suit their own site.

I'm glad I don't have php5 on my server, else I might have actually been bothered by the delay cause usually I can't resist an upgrade :P

• Management

[quote name='Mesmer' date='27 April 2009 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1240850204' post='1798340']
Could you please release it after june 2nd? I will be in Brazil before that date with no means to upgrade my board. Please? :P

Ok we will wait for you to get back. Just let us know when you have returned so we can release things.

[quote name='Mesmer' date='27 April 2009 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1240850204' post='1798340']
Could you please release it after june 2nd? I will be in Brazil before that date with no means to upgrade my board. Please? :P

[quote name='Charles' date='27 April 2009 - 12:38 PM' timestamp='1240850299' post='1798341']
Ok we will wait for you to get back. Just let us know when you have returned so we can release things.

Wait! That's not good for me, better make it after June 8th (w00t)

[quote name='Charles' date='26 April 2009 - 12:11 PM' timestamp='1240762308' post='1798057']
I posted a blog entry just now to clarify things for everyone :)

http://forums.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-3390-ip-board-3-0-0-development-update/

This blog entry is not showing up on the ACP index page.

If you release it on June 1st, it'll be a very nice birthday present :D But seriously, IPB 3 is getting better everyday, can't wait for it!

BTW, without posting a new topic, how is the Lo-Fi skin coming along? I know some people that wanted to know about it, and I'm kinda curious myself.

Archived