Setting up admincp restrictions takes forever!

Guest Graeme S.

I have a small gripe with the admin cp resitriction settings in 3.0.

I want to make an admin group that has full access to everything except fiddling around with admins. However, that means I have to go through everything and individually check each little box. Is there a way to "check all boxes" and then I can just deselect the few that I don't want?

Cheers

haha man, ya I just had to do this with 4 admins. I think there should be two buttons: Check all and Uncheck all. So depending on if you want to give them a few permissions or most all permissions, you dont have to work so hard.

I would imagine that a "check all" button wouldn't be too hard to implement, but it would save an incredible amount of time for users setting up restrictions :).

You can make a second group, an admin group, and apply those restrictions to it, then you would only have to do it once., just move your admins to it. For some reason, if you do this, they seem to loose access to some things like the reports center, but if you move them from the restricted group into the regular admin group, the restrictions stick when them.

Thats cause the report center settings are hidden. There no where in the ACP, unless you do a quick search for them. (unless I'm blind, I never found the settings for it)

The settings are here: Tools & Settings > System Settings > Members > Warning and Moderation

We are contemplating adding an option to do whitelist OR blacklist in the next version (3.1) as we agree it would be useful in many cases to specify what you don't want rather than what you do want. It won't make it into 3.0, however.

If you find any place that you want to control setting restrictions but cannot, post them. The actual "settings" I'm afraid are an all or nothing deal, however, each individual page (and in some cases, certain elements within a given page) can be controlled by restrictions configurations quite easily. We setup obvious ones, but if there's any missing you'll need to let us know.

Archived