Suggestion: Invisible directly after posting

Guest Rik

I've a suggestion for a new feature for the IPB forum. Sometimes I've to make a topic and have to set it invisible, because other members of the forum doesn't have to see it (yet). But now you've to post this topic (or post) and after posting you have to make it invisible. Wouldn't it be better if the option "Make invisible" is added to the "After posting"-function? You can now lock, pin and by posts even move the topic, but I would like to see I can make it invisible directly after posting.

I've a suggestion for a new feature for the IPB forum. Sometimes I've to make a topic and have to set it invisible, because other members of the forum doesn't have to see it (yet). But now you've to post this topic (or post) and after posting you have to make it invisible. Wouldn't it be better if the option "Make invisible" is added to the "After posting"-function? You can now lock, pin and by posts even move the topic, but I would like to see I can make it invisible directly after posting.

+1

Ive recently had to do this when holding back announcing the Arctic Monkeys performing at a festival here in the UK and thought exactly the same!

Couldn't you just post the topic in a staff forum and move it when needed?

You're right, but there are some forums for forum-related projects with guest-moderators (so moderators who are not in the moderatorgroup or any other crew-group) and they have no access to any crew forum. They for example often discuss in invisible topics in the projectforum and it would be easier for them when they don't have to post a topic with "reserved", make it invisible and then edit the post with the real post.

Archived