congratulations on v3!

Guest Mesmer

So far I am unimpressed with IPB 3.

We were told to expect a great looking skin design that would blow us away... where is it?

If the current skin is it... some people have low standards. This current skin is comparable to the pro version of the IPB 2.3.X series.

Now the features of IPB 3 is awesome! But to me the looks are most important, features are secondary.

I think we explained this many times on the preview board :)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far I am unimpressed with IPB 3.

We were told to expect a great looking skin design that would blow us away... where is it?

If the current skin is it... some people have low standards. This current skin is comparable to the pro version of the IPB 2.3.X series.

Now the features of IPB 3 is awesome! But to me the looks are most important, features are secondary.

Who told you it would blow you away? :rolleyes:. The skin is going to be very easy to customize -- more so than the 2.3 skin.

I love this editor more than anything. I love the rounded corners, its a great skin. Its weird how the "Go" buttons are bigger than the list boxes and text boxes they sit next to.

I find that strange as well! Just doesn't look right, they should be proportional like the search button is with the text box at the top of the board.

I apologize, I thought it was you that had brought it up on the preview board originally and to whom we had responded. Essentially it boils down to: a flashy whizz bang technical marvel of a skin is not appropriate as a default skin for a product. A default skin has to meet several criteria, including being generic enough to fit with the layouts of most sites, and basic enough for most users to use as a base for their own customizations. Naturally, at the same time, we want it to be attractive and appealing. By most accounts, we've achieved that with IPB3

Feel free to elaborate on what you were instead hoping for, and I'll try to address it more directly.

I think the default skin is great. Very clean design, that's what has always attracted me to IPS. Most other forums out there have a very unattractive and cluttered design, glad you guys have kept it clean and simple, which makes it easy to use... Good job!

Archived