congratulations on v3!

Guest Mesmer

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of the speed issue seems to be the member seo name caching. We cache it in the members table. When we first upgraded, those weren't "built" of course, so as people clicked around and they were building, mysql wasn't too happy.

We're going to have a tool to build those upon release. ;) This is why we upgrade our forums early...to catch this sort of thing. There are other things we're looking at improving, but will probably take a little bit to investigate.

Just FYI, Brandon, I did more surfing on the site. Every single page has the same error, but a different line number and character.

This error is already in the Bug Tracker several times, so I won't clutter it up by reporting it there again.

They all follow the form:

Line: (26 or 35)

Character: (3 or 4)

Error: Object Expected

Code: 0

URL:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=forum&

I saw the same thing. Then I saw that the upgrade change my Pro Skin choice to the new Lo-Fi one. Once I updated that field to the new default, the errors disapperared.

I saw the same thing. Then I saw that the upgrade change my Pro Skin choice to the new Lo-Fi one. Once I updated that field to the new default, the errors disapperared.

Well I'll be damned! Same here. And now that I'm on the plain Board skin instead of Lo-Fi, you're right. No more errors. Veeeery Eenteresstink!

So far I am unimpressed with IPB 3.
We were told to expect a great looking skin design that would blow us away... where is it?

If the current skin is it... some people have low standards. This current skin is comparable to the pro version of the IPB 2.3.X series.

Now the features of IPB 3 is awesome! But to me the looks are most important, features are secondary.

Archived