congratulations on v3!

Guest Mesmer

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Management

Guys, regarding speed - let's give it a few days before deciding that its slow. Right now we're getting hit hard and there's a lot going on behind the scenes like post rebuilding, SEO data being populated, etc. Not to mention serving more data as no one will have any new JS or images cached, etc.

• Management

Sprites are extremely simple! And it reduces frontend loading times and bandwidth dramatically... It would be a step forward.

If you understand them yes. The average person struggles changing their header image. Sprites would be a support nightmare.

yes its slow but I am not getting slow speeds like you guys

I only see 2 mahor issues my avatar is not showing on my end up in top right corner and this is missing

other then that I am extremely glad to see IPB 3 on main corporate forums

oh and my PM inbox is empty as well I had 33 before

Yeah, this is a LOT faster than the Preview board.

But guys, can we check permissions for the Tracker. I can't report a bug. ;)

Edit: Can we also get the forums reordered again? P2P is at the bottom of the Resource forums, and the Feedback categories seem a bit.... wrong. :)

• Management

Re: PMs - we know. I'm going to run a shell tool to rebuild them tomorrow. We skipped the built in PM conversion as we would still be waiting now. And yes, this tool will be made available with the distribution for other large boards.

Another thing I have noticed: Reputation is not turned on for Staff or Resource/Community Dev Teams. Maybe intended? :)

Hmm, I can see yours, but I can't see it for staff members. I have yet to fiddle with its settings, though, so maybe there are permissions on who can rep whom.

You can't see your own rep on posts either, you should at least see the number...

You can see each user's total reputation on the popup you get when you click the little icon beside their name.

Hmm, I can see yours, but I can't see it for staff members. I have yet to fiddle with its settings, though, so maybe there are permissions on who can rep whom.

You can see each user's total reputation on the popup you get when you click the little icon beside their name.

Couldn't see yours though. ;) As for the total rep, yeah, but not the certain post's rep. :)

I am beyond impressed! :)
I realize there's still a ways to go with things,
and I realize that no matter how awesome it
is, not everyone will be 100% satisfied, now it
would be great if everyone else realized this.
This is BY FAR this most impressive community
software available on the net, hands down. I
am so excited (and anxious) for the final release!

I meant I can't see rep numbers on my own posts. You know, how much rep each of my posts has received. Or does that only show if a post has been repped now? Because I don't think it used to be like that...

EDIT: It's a bug...

Archived