congratulations on v3!

Guest Mesmer

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting IE errors on every page I've visited so far. I suspect they're all skin issues. If the error doesn't affect the functionality of this forum, then OK, I can live with it while it's being fixed.

And yes, it's MUCH slower. But perhaps that's because the site is getting hammered by folks who read the update notice this morning and are now back, hammering the site. ;)

I'm getting IE errors on every page I've visited so far. I suspect they're all skin issues. If the error doesn't affect the functionality of this forum, then OK, I can live with it while it's being fixed.

And yes, it's MUCH slower. But perhaps that's because the site is getting hammered by folks who read the update notice this morning and are now back, hammering the site. ;)

;)

Also, this is a first really good performance test on a site that has both a good amount of data and a good amount of visitors. I'm sure there's things we'll be spotting that can be optimized now that it's getting hit pretty hard.

Maybe it's in progress (or permissions relating to my member group) but I cannot see any projects in the Tracker (apart from the Web Site / Client Center one)

My PM box is empty ;) :unsure:

A few other things but I wait for the tracker rather than litter this topic with them :)

;)

Also, this is a first really good performance test on a site that has both a good amount of data and a good amount of visitors. I'm sure there's things we'll be spotting that can be optimized now that it's getting hit pretty hard.

bfarber, let us see the tracker categories. :P

Btw. You guys forgot to copy style_emoticons from 2.3.6

Just FYI, Brandon, I did more surfing on the site. Every single page has the same error, but a different line number and character.
This error is already in the Bug Tracker several times, so I won't clutter it up by reporting it there again.

They all follow the form:

Line: (26 or 35)
Character: (3 or 4)
Error: Object Expected
Code: 0
URL: http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=forum&

Extremely slow...

And I just don't get why you guys make loose images like this:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/public/style_images/master/tab_left.png

USE SPRITES!!!!

I considered it, but unfortunately it's not viable when we're expecting non-experts to be able to edit the skin. Imagine someone wanting to change the size of one part of the sprite, and the number of values they'd have to change in the CSS.

Archived