New VPS and high CPU usage

Guest markopolo2002

Think this might be one to put through as a ticket for the IPS guys themselves as they would then have complete unrstricted access to the server and it would probably take them no time to work through the issues with that kind of access as opposed to me fumbling through it. I'm just concerned that the longer I let it go the potentially the bigger the problem may get and I've shed bucket loads of blood on the site over the past year and really don't want to leave anything to chance at this stage. If there is something I've maybe overlooked please feel free to suggest it in the meantime. Thanks for all your help so far wondering soul and hopefully I'll have some definate good news to post back shortly :)
Cheers
Marko

OK, so the guys at IPS managed to spot that half my tables were InnoDB and they suggested that our server probably wasn't configured properly for InnoDB and that could be the prob. I asked them to do what they felt would clear the issue and lo and behold I saw much better performance as soon as they changed the InnoDB tables back to MyISAM. Personally, I'm not sure why or how it would make a difference but I can definately see a performance increase and our CPU doesn't shoot through the roof anymore!. Next thing I guess it start working on that my.cfg file and for now thanks Wondering Soul for your input and thanks to IPS for their support :)
Cheers
Marko

Just to continue on with my original query ^_^ I'm now noticing a great difference in the site performance although I'm stil getting loads of other errors in the logs such as ...

# MySQL server has gone away
# Lost connection to MySQL server during query
# Lost connection to MySQL server at 'sending authentication information', system error: 32
# Lost connection to MySQL server at 'waiting for initial communication packet', system error: 95
# Lost connection to MySQL server during query
# Can't create UNIX socket (12)
# User ########_root already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

As is obvious, these are MySQL issues still and despite having tweaked the my.cfg to death is there anything else I could do to solve these errors?

my.cfg

[mysqld]

skip-bdb

log_slow_queries=/var/log/slow-queries.log

long_query_time=5

[mysqld]

datadir=/var/lib/mysql

socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

skip-locking

#skip-innodb

query_cache_limit=4M

query_cache_size=128M