International support page on invisionpower.com ?

DawPi

Hello,
i just wonder about create a new subpage on invisionpower.com where the could put some international support board links.

I mean that page may help international users find the right board for ask help..

What do you think about this idea? :)

[quote name='Lindy' post='1780071' date='Jan 9 2009, 01:13 AM']It's coming! :)

[quote name='Alεx' post='1780006' date='Jan 8 2009, 06:33 PM']It won't happen on invisionpower.com, thats the whole point of resources.invisionpower.com :)

Seems like you don't know everything. :lol:

[quote name='DawPi' post='1780077' date='Jan 9 2009, 12:43 AM']Seems like you don't know everything. :lol:

Seems I was wrong :P There was talk back in July last year about this, but to my knowledge I thought it was all happening on the resources website, not the main one itself :)

[quote name='MuSicBasE.ir' post='1780265' date='Jan 10 2009, 08:01 AM']im registering www.invisionpower.ir to sell persian language pack
You selling language pack to IP.Board? What a shame.. ;/

I'm making polish lang pack too but for free for all users.. I have support board too for Polish users and there are all for free. ;)

[quote name='MuSicBasE.ir' post='1780265' date='Jan 10 2009, 08:01 PM']im registering www.invisionpower.ir to sell persian language pack

it would be awsome that ips add my link in invisionpower.com to show to costumers that the Persian language is available for the product ....

You're... registering their (trademarked) name in another TLD? You know you need their permission to even register that name right? Because by law, they're required to sue you for that (trademarks have a defend it or lose it requirement). I highly suggest you get in contact with them and ask first.

• Management

[quote name='Vince.' post='1780313' date='Jan 10 2009, 10:16 AM']Not sure but can a name be registered more then once? As a trademark? I know invisionpower is TM but i saw plenty of sites like:

invisionpower.co.il
invisionpower.ir
invisionpower.fr

and others. Is that legal?

This is technically infringement and thus not allowed. We will be contacting site owners who have chosen to use "invisionpower" in their name and working with them to comply with US trademark law, while still showing support for our product - which we truly appreciate.

[quote name='MuSicBasE.ir' post='1780456' date='Jan 11 2009, 09:20 PM']hmmmmmmmm

i will open invisionpower.ir and sell the persian lang pack to who have purchased standard Ip.Board license at invisionpower.com

Uh, no.

You need permission from Invision Power Services, who own that trademark, to use that name. If you use that name in your domain without getting official permission, then they must (by law) take legal action against you. Because I assume you haven't negotiated a licensing agreement in the last 6 hours.

Guys... relax. We're not going to get a team of lawyers to sue you and send repo men to your house to collect money for damages because you used "invisionpower" in your domain.

If you want to use "invisionpower" in the domain, submit a ticket in the client area and we'll send it to the management who can discuss the situation further. Like Lindy said, creating resource sites is appreciated, and we're going to be working with you to defend our trademarks, not against you :)

sure .... i gonna do this !

but before i open the site ... not NOW !

If you want to use "invisionpower" in the domain, submit a ticket in the client area and we'll send it to the management who can discuss the situation further. Like Lindy said, creating resource sites is appreciated, and we're going to be working with you to defend our trademarks, not against you

• 5 months later...

[quote name='DawPi' date='08 January 2009 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1231433197' post='1779997']
i just wonder about create a new subpage on invisionpower.com where the could put some international support board links.

I mean that page may help international users find the right board for ask help..

What do you think about this idea? :)

I think that is a great idea! Official support for the language something like Mozilla's Localization Home

Now, as you have a problem and you don't know english don't know where to search help

Archived