Prevent spam using Mollom

Guest Spirix

Hello,

I was wondering if this was a possible addition to IPB. There is a site called Mollom.com and it provides a way for you to track and stop spam. I was thinking this would be a good idea for IPB to implement or allow forum owners to be able to add Mollom to their sites. It supports drupal, wordpress and other systems that have comments/posts. This might be a good way to spot spammy posts on active forums and allow mods to delete them.

This is what it says:
Mollom is a web service that helps you identify content quality and, more importantly, helps you stop comment and contact form spam, and that can protect your registration forms. When site moderation becomes easier, you have more time and energy to interact with your web community.

I know we can now use reCAPTCHA to stop registration spam but I was hoping a feature could be added that could automatically spot spammy posts and maybe make a list of them for review.

Thanks,
Tom

Problem is, what happens when a real member gets flagged with this and then the admins are flooded with "OMG WHY DIDN'T MY POST GO THROUGH". Better left as a mod if it uses a non-ipb system

You can have it so that it only flags them and makes a list of posts that should be checked on one single page. Then you can select which posts to remove. This way posts aren't automatically removed and it is left up the the admins and mods of the forum to decide which posts to delete. You can probably have it set to auto hide posts until they are deemed as not spam and maybe only have it set to auto hide posts of members by register date or post count.

Archived