Post count should not increase for posts under preview

Guest Arun Kumar

I have a feature request/suggestion.

Please have an option to disable post count increase if the post by a member is under preview/moderation. i.e., the post count should increase only if the post is approved by a moderator.

This will help a lot in controlling spam. For example, we can have a member group for 0 posters to go through post preview moderation. If my suggestion is implemented, it will prevent spammers from upgraded to the next member group as the post count will remain at 0.

As mentioned earlier, it is very helpful against spammers if you use a seperate member group for new members (0 posters).

Why? I know spammers are a problem, but unless you have specific things that are either only available to people over a certain post count or certain rank, Its not really an issue, but I can see where you are coming from as I used to have rank based privilages on my board

You'll be pleased to know that this is a feature in IPB3. Your post count is not incremented until your post is approved.

Nice to know that IPS are always refining and improving things, thats why I love IPB ;)

You'll be pleased to know that this is a feature in IPB3. Your post count is not incremented until your post is approved.

wow! Thanks a lot Matt!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Why? I know spammers are a problem, but unless you have specific things that are either only available to people over a certain post count or certain rank, Its not really an issue, but I can see where you are coming from as I used to have rank based privilages on my board

Manual moderation of members is the best and only way to have 100% protection against spammers and this is the way to do it. Can you tell any other way to achieve 100% fool proof protection against spammers then?

Archived