RSS Feed in Iframe

Guest Cool Surfer

I personally don't think that iframes are the way to go. iframes mess up the navigation (or rather, prevent you from taking advantage of the navigation) and are annoying to deal with in general.

A better alternative would be to link to a named anchor while simultaneously loading the remaining post content via AJAX. That way you get the flexibility of multiple pages without needing to mess with comparatively messy iframe details.

I think features should not be restricted because of security threats. If this was so then we would still be using the oldest free version of IPB.

:blink:

There are fewer features and more security threats in the older versions of IPB. In any case, the bbcode system in 3.0 will be more flexible, so you would probably be able to implement this, if you decide to purchase 3.0.

• 2 months later...

I use this A LOT on my forums when using RSS feeds.

First you will need the iframe BBCode described here http://www.ibparcade.com/index.php?showtopic=373 (I use [iframe] in my example instead of [if] as used in the BBCode instructions)

Once you have the iframe BBCode all you need to do when you are setting up your RSS Import Manager for your new feed is to change the 'RSS Import Add Link To Post' text from the default setting of

[url={url}]View the full article[/url]

to

[iframe]{url}[/iframe]

and it will display the url in the iframe.

Works wonderfully for me :)

I use this A LOT on my forums when using RSS feeds.

First you will need the iframe BBCode described here

http://www.ibparcade.com/index.php?showtopic=373

(I use [iframe] in my example instead of [if] as used in the BBCode instructions)

Once you have the iframe BBCode all you need to do when you are setting up your RSS Import Manager for your new feed is to change the '[b]RSS Import Add Link To Post[/b]' text from the default setting of

[url={url}]View the full article[/url]

to

[iframe]{url}[/iframe]

and it will display the url in the iframe.

Works wonderfully for me :)

I just ran off and did this. Works brilliantly! Thank you :D

Archived