Viewing Profile...

Guest Teddy Rogers

I'd say it's because you're trying to track down a post that was made on perhaps IPSBeyond (or maybe on the community forums before it was re-arranged) so the topic you posted in might of been trashed already. Makes sense, but any useful posts someone made in the past is lost forever :(

From IPB 2.3.5 they added a time check to reduce load on big board.

So now it checks only for posts/topics made in the last 15 days if i don't mistake (or maybe a month :huh:)

EDIT: To see all your topics/posts you need to use the proper option (Find Member's Topics, Find Member's Posts)

I added some input on the changes, maybe Invision will consider the suggestion?

Why not change the topics and posts tabs to the last 5 or 10 topics/posts or something like that and/or have a setting in ACP to specify the value? Change the feature completely from producing results from dates and times to actual posted content?

Ted.

Originally, it pulled the last 5 (regardless of date). It was found that this is quite resource intensive on some bigger boards, and a user found that by restricting the result set by date first, and then pulling the last 5, that the query is much more efficient.

While this is true, on some boards when you don't have 5 posts for the profile in the last 40 days (I think the limit is 40 days btw), you get no results as you found.

There is a class-level variable you can change in the tabs to increase this date restriction, or turn it off, but in IPB3 we will likely make this configurable from the ACP (depending on the actual profile changes).

• 3 weeks later...

Originally, it pulled the last 5 (regardless of date). It was found that this is quite resource intensive on some bigger boards, and a user found that by restricting the result set by date first, and then pulling the last 5, that the query is much more efficient.

While this is true, on some boards when you don't have 5 posts for the profile in the last 40 days (I think the limit is 40 days btw), you get no results as you found.

There is a class-level variable you can change in the tabs to increase this date restriction, or turn it off, but in IPB3 we will likely make this configurable from the ACP (depending on the actual profile changes).

The board I admin for recently upgraded to 2.3.5 and I was told that the default cut off was 40 days from the original posting date, but that it could be increased if desired. (Where this is done, I'm not sure, possibly by ticket?)

Archived