IPB3 mobile skin question

Guest Brandon D

Not even sure if this is possible, but it'd be awesome if it is...

Have a setting the user can set in their My Controls that, if enabled, will automatically detect if they're browsing on a mobile device. If so, automatically apply the mobile skin that comes with IPB3.

Additional brownie points if you
a) Allow the option to disable this for everyone in Admin CP
b) Allow us to set which skin is the "mobile skin" that the website will change to, so if we have a custom mobile skin we can set it to that rather than IPB3's default mobile skin

I highly doubt any other product has even been thought of yet, if I am correct, they are still rewriting the code, and therefore theres probably a lot of areas that don't actually work :lol: or are exactly the same as IP.Board 2.x with new framework. Brandon is also working on IP.Board3, I doubt they have even started on Blog etc. yet (probably because if Board isn't finished, they cant)

We will just have to wait till that one special morning, when we wake up. grab some coffee or tea, sit down out our computers, visit the IPB site and browse the company forums to find some sneak peeks at the front end of IPB. :teehee:

I've just one question, will IPB3 be: WC3 Strict

Because after reading some of the code changes, like using <strong> for bold, adding <alt> tags to all images, using <cite> and <blockquote> etc. And making use of <h2> tags etc. It looks like your heading that way to me. I could be wrong though, but I'd really like to know if you are. As I'm all for WC3 Strict.

Archived