Multiple Uploads

Guest pubforums

I mentioned this in a thread but it seems that it may have more chance of being noticed with a topic of its own.

I was wondering if there is any chance with ver3.0 that we could have the ability to upload multiple attachments at a time in a post.

Even (say) a maximum of three at a time would be good. It can be extremely painstaking process when you a have to do it one at a time and you have in excess of 10 attachments to add.

If it's a limitation then hows does IDM work where can upload both a screenshot and a file both at the same time?

3DKiwi

Probably because IDM isn't IPB? :P It's not a core limitation. They could put a million upload boxes. However the risks outweight the benefit for most of their customers. So they designed, imo, a decent alternative that allowed you to do it all on one page, just not at the same time. Of course, you could always rip out that functionality and put 1000000 upload boxes if you want. In fact, the code for multiple uploads would match the upload code in the php quite well still ;)

3dKiwi - multiple upload boxes is not the limitation.

The request to be able to click "Browse" next to an upload field and select multiple files at ONCE is. Perhaps I mis-interpreted the OP's post a little re-reading it, but that is what I was referring to when I said it was a limitation in PHP/HTML. Sorry for the confusion.

Archived