Request to Change User Group via Warn Panel

Guest Brett B

I'm pretty sure the suspension is the same thing. It may not put them in the banned group but it doesn't allow them there.

I don't understand why you would want to change the usergroup when increasing or decreasing a warning level.

Maybe certain warning levels change the usergroup automatically? But I personally still don't see a reason for that.
Could you explain more of why you would want to do this?

I'm pretty sure the suspension is the same thing. It may not put them in the banned group but it doesn't allow them there.

I don't understand why you would want to change the usergroup when increasing or decreasing a warning level.

Maybe certain warning levels change the usergroup automatically? But I personally still don't see a reason for that.

Could you explain more of why you would want to do this?

On my forum, I have a "Time Out Corner" group. I place members in this group manually when they exhibit behavior that deserves a time out, per se. The permissions I have set for this group are specific and are not the same as a suspension or ban. I think that this would be beneficial to others besides me. It would give the ability to warn a member that they are being placed into the group, rather than having to manually send them a PM alerting them.

Better would be the ability to mark certain usergroups as "moderated" groups, and then have them appear in a list when a moderator is giving a warning to allow them to move the user to those groups.

Okay, that was a horribly constructed sentence, but hopefully I get the idea across. o.O

Archived