Vbulletin 3.7 converter ?

Guest Klisis

I am fairly sure it will still work for 3.7 but I will have someone follow up with you on that :)

This is the error I get.

You are not allowed to use comments in your SQL query.

Add $this->ipsclass->DB->allow_sub_select=1; before any query construct to allow them

SQL error: 

SQL error code: 0

Date: Saturday 03rd of May 2008 12:12:10 PM

The reason I want to move away from Vb is that Jelsoft has been refusing to make add-on products. They made vb blog after years of demands and I can't see myself waiting another few years for what may or may not come. I am using coppermine integrated with Vb but I want full integration.

Meanwhile, IPB already has IP. Gallery, Blog, and Download which fully integrate and are exactly what I need. I already purchased IPB standard license and opened a ticket about a working converter for 3.7. I guess I will need to wait until Monday or so for an answer.

Meanwhile, would it be possible for someone with correct authority to change my status to a customer ?

When I attempted to access IP resources forum, my access was denied.

Thank you.

PM bfarber or Charles, maybe they will come online today. :)

Meanwhile, would it be possible for someone with correct authority to change my status to a customer ?

When I attempted to access IP resources forum, my access was denied.

Thank you.

This should be done automatically assuming your payment has cleared.

You need to login to the forums using the same login details as you use to login to the client area.
Permissions are synced on login, so if you are using the same details, log out and log back in.

If that is still proving difficult, then:
1. Log out here
2. Log in to the client area
3. Click here

If that still doesn't work then you need to submit a ticket.

I've done as you said.

However, my access to resource area is still denied.
I will open a ticket.

At the moment, my payments for IP.board and IP. Galley have passed, and I am authorized to download those.

This should be done automatically assuming your payment has cleared.

You need to login to the forums using the same login details as you use to login to the client area.

Permissions are synced on login, so if you are using the same details, log out and log back in.

If that is still proving difficult, then:

1. Log out here

2. Log in to the

client area

3. Click

here

If that still doesn't work then you need to submit a ticket.

It seems as someone has finally open a ticket about the vBulletin 3.7 converter. We will look into this today working with these requests. Once any changes have been made, the converter will be updated on the homepage.

I have converted from vBulletin 3.7.0 successfully on May 5th right after I installed IPS.Nexis. I had no errors what so ever, please retry the convertor download once again and make sure your vBulletin Software is located on the same server and same folder as your IPB software for easy conversions.

Next follow the instructions on your screen very carfully, if all else you have questions that you do not understand, contact your servers admin or login to your client area here and submit a ticket.

But im for most certain this will work.

I wasn't going to purchase IPB at the time I upgraded my board. When I was given a vague reply from Jelsoft that they were not going to make integrated products (Such as Gallery, Download, and the likes), I chose to switch over especially after I was told that their new album feature in 3.7 is never going to be fully functional like IP.Gallery.

I've used Vb since 2003. Before Vb, I used UBB. I personally feel that Vb is better than IPB at the moment but Vb wasn't meeting my needs but IPB did which were fully integrated IP.Gallery and IP.Download.

Similar to my feelings, most of vB's newer features are just quickly coded add-ons though, especially 3.7.0's... doing it out of desperation more than anything... :ermm:

I've decided to switch because IPB integrates better with other software I want to use, after hearing the plans for IPB 3.0, I'm pretty confident it'll have the most benefit in the long-run, vB hasn't been doing much at all with their product recently, just 3.7.0... and the additional features for that were poorly coded and honestly, they're extremely ugly... >_<

I just hope putting my confidence in IPS does pay off like I hope it will, really hope they close the feature gap between IPB and vB with 3.0's release (And add a little more than vB. ;) ) :)

Archived