two issues that particularly annoy

Guest forums.bd

1. I think this has been asked countless time. Why is REMOVING a mod has to be such a pain?

2. There is no way of turning on/off particular plug-in on the portal page. I don't need all of them at once. You can only disable a few but some can't be. Why some can be turned off and some can't be? Things like these should be built in. Now I have to find a possible hack just to turn off.

thanks.

hi thanks for your remark.
i was actually referring to the built-in plugin that comes with IPB. I have enabled the portal view but I only want to show the recent messages and disable the navigation, poll, online users, blog entry from there.

I am trying to find a way to acheive this.

if anybody else is interested, "nyyankeefans" over at invisionize.com helped me find the exact template I need to edit.

Each portal block is referenced by code that looks something like

<!--::code_block_name::-->

To remove a portal block, just remove the reference to that block from the template.

the second issue, removing a MODERATOR, still remains a pain.

Now you can see why I don't intsall any more mods apart from a couple that use that Universal Mod Installer and don't require and php mods. Upgrades for me are now painless whereas they used to be hard work.

Someone has answered the question about the Portal. Just a matter of editing the csite_skeleton_template.

3DKiwi

Archived