A couple of IPB 3.0 ideas

Guest FrostedPopTart

1. Implement the "recursive quote parser" that was supposed to be in 2.3 but didn't make it in. (.Logan will know what I am talking about.)

2. Rework the emoticons area. (Allow them to be re-ordered, categorized, etc. Brandon (Bfarfer) has some ideas on this.)

3. If not already suggested (I know the first part of this is already planned for 3.0), implement the mass manage forums feature (NOTE: NOT YET IN IPB!) for managing groups as well.

4. Allow RSS imports / exports and components to be toggled on / off by simply clicking the red X / green check mark next to the drop down instead of hunting for the on / off switch in the mass of options.

I'll add more if I think of them.

Forgot an idea.

When a member gets mod queued, he doesn't often know until he tries to post. I suggest that when a forum staff member mod queues a member, they have to fill out a short reason for mod queuing the member, which is then sent to the member in question. They can choose whether or not to show their name, to prevent any possible "retaliation".

Forgot an idea.

When a member gets mod queued, he doesn't often know until he tries to post. I suggest that when a forum staff member mod queues a member, they have to fill out a short reason for mod queuing the member, which is then sent to the member in question. They can choose whether or not to show their name, to prevent any possible "retaliation".

The warn form already includes a PM box which can be used at the moderators discretion.

Archived