Slow Tech Support

Guest Casey Grim

It seems a little slow when vBulletin responds to report tickets within half an hour. even in the middle of the night. :)

vB responds after 24th hours :lol:
This because i have saled my license vB to my friend and i have bought IPB license!
I'm very happy with IPS/IPB. All in one!

Good opportunity to note that anytime you open a ticket, the more information you give, the quicker and better we can respond..

I think some people can actually hear my head hitting the desk through the tickets at times.. Especially when the ticket is

"I have an error on my forum"

Noting WHERE the error happens, or providing a link to the error, or instructions on how to recreate it... That's big-time helpful.

Saying "My forum is down".. Generally, we're going to go the the forum front page, and if it comes up.. Normally assume it was a temporary host-side problem, or that you have figured it out.. If "My forum is down" means you're getting a driver error when viewing a post... We're going to miss that most of the time because the forum comes up.. Forum down, to me at least, means the entire forum is down. Saying "I'm getting a driver error when I view any post" will generally direct us right to the problem.

Saying "Images are missing" isn't descriptive enough either... Does that mean attachment images aren't showing? Gallery images? Skin images? Provide a link to a page with a missing image and we don't have to try and hunt for the mystery missing image.

And.. One to make Debbie do the Happy Dance.. When you submit a ticket, the

Package or Department

field.. If you fill that in properly, it helps tremendously.. An awful lot of tickets get sent to Billing or Sales, which I cannot access and I assume that neither can Keith or Josh who also mainly deal with tech support. That is the biggest cause for delay, because Debbie has to get the ticket and then forward it over to us in Support. Especially on nights/weekends.. Billing/Sales isn't staffed 24/7, so it could theoretically take 8 hours or so for them to find the ticket and forward it over.. When if it had been directed right in the first place, it could have possibly been addressed in minutes vs hours.

Good opportunity to note that anytime you open a ticket, the more information you give, the quicker and better we can respond..

I think some people can actually hear my head hitting the desk through the tickets at times.. Especially when the ticket is

Noting WHERE the error happens, or providing a link to the error, or instructions on how to recreate it... That's big-time helpful.

Saying "My forum is down".. Generally, we're going to go the the forum front page, and if it comes up.. Normally assume it was a temporary host-side problem, or that you have figured it out.. If "My forum is down" means you're getting a driver error when viewing a post... We're going to miss that most of the time because the forum comes up.. Forum down, to me at least, means the entire forum is down. Saying "I'm getting a driver error when I view any post" will generally direct us right to the problem.

Saying "Images are missing" isn't descriptive enough either... Does that mean attachment images aren't showing? Gallery images? Skin images? Provide a link to a page with a missing image and we don't have to try and hunt for the mystery missing image.

Package or Department

field.. If you fill that in properly, it helps tremendously.. An awful lot of tickets get sent to Billing or Sales, which I cannot access and I assume that neither can Keith or Josh who also mainly deal with tech support. That is the biggest cause for delay, because Debbie has to get the ticket and then forward it over to us in Support. Especially on nights/weekends.. Billing/Sales isn't staffed 24/7, so it could theoretically take 8 hours or so for them to find the ticket and forward it over.. When if it had been directed right in the first place, it could have possibly been addressed in minutes vs hours.

You tell them!! people are thick sometimes :blush: :ph34r:

As to Jason's post. Hear hear!

And yes, I myself cannot view tickets in Billing/Sales/Account Assistance.

All the information you can give the better. I really enjoy server transfer tickets that have every bit of information in it and more. Makes the move alot faster. That's my main thing is I hate wasting your time asking for it and having your forums down longer than they need to be.

Now, some tickets do take time to figure out (usually Jason gets the tail end of these at night, sorry) but the tickets are usually answered within 2 hours at max after it's submitted. I watch the times on them too. :)

For the small issues I have had (one tech issue (it was my fault too!) and about 3 billing questions) they have all been answered fast. :)

I can sympathise with the tech support peeps who go to open a ticket to work on it and it just says something like "my board is broken" , I would hope that its the very small minority of tickets that are like this though :)

It reminds me a bit of posts on support forums etc, some people seem to never give enough information to help you to help them :huh:

:)

Well Keith answered my ticket within three minutes of creation so he wins...haha :P

Thank you.

I try. :P

A lot of the times through the day, tickets are responded to in 5 minutes or less.

This is not the average time, but it does happen during random times in random days.

Every day has different amount of ticket loads, so in turn different average response times.

Package or Department

I'm in no state to dance right now, but if I could, I would. The pain would be too unbearable though. LOL :lol:

Support here is one of the best support services i gotten with anything, i put a ticket in on my board and not even 5 mins later it was answered and solved. Thas fast, and the longest ticket i ever had in the past 2 years was i tihnk a half a day and it was a more complicated issue. I give there support service an A++++++++++

• 2 weeks later...

I have no probulems ether with Ticket Support they are pretty quick. :)

Same thing here. Yes they are very quick and thoroughly professional, not to mention very polite and nice as well. I have received great support whenever I have opened a ticket at the Help Desk. I am very grateful to the Ipb staff for that and can not thank them enough. They sure know their business. Buying an ipb license was the best choise I ever made :)

Archived