[Suggestion] Customisable settings for admin validation

Guest Dll

I think it would be useful to be able to customise the level of validation required on an account dependant on certain customisable parameters.

For instance email addresses - the administrator could create a list of email providers (hotmail etc) and when a user registers using one of them it triggers full admin validation, if a user isn't using an email provider within the list they can register with just the normal email link validation.

It could also work with ip addresses, perhaps have an optional setting where if an ip address of someone registering has been used on the forum before then full admin validation is required. Other options could be keywords within the selected username, time of day of the registration and so on.

I would also like to request that when admin validation is switched on, the email sent to the administrators to tell them a new member has registered is sent once the new member has email validated their account and not as soon as they join.

Cheers

I would also like to request that when admin validation is switched on, the email sent to the administrators to tell them a new member has registered is sent once the new member has email validated their account and not as soon as they join.

I agree with this part. I'd even accept a second email to admin once the validation is completed.

I do like those suggestions. I can see the use for the free email accounts. However it may induce an incredibly larger work load since most of my commuities users use free email accounts. I did a quick number crunch on all the forums I am admin or mod on and I am sitting at 87.892% for free email accounts.

Archived