An Idea for IPB

Guest AleinBEEN

I had a little idea, that when the next version, or next addition to IPB is released it could include something where, when you suspend a member it has a new menu, and new features. I know this isn't supposed to be a big feature to be used, but I think this could help.

On the drop down menu where it says: Hours and days a new option could be life, and also you could add another text area that allows you to add a message that will appear when that member trys gaining access to that board again.

Another idea is that if you don't want people having more than 1 account you could add an option that allows the Admin to set each IP address to one account per IP. And if someone has two people using a computer they could contact an admin and have them make their IP able to hold more than one account.

Another idea is that if you don't want people having more than 1 account you could add an option that allows the Admin to set each IP address to one account per IP. And if someone has two people using a computer they could contact an admin and have them make their IP able to hold more than one account.

This is already a mod for this check. I am against having any IP check since it does not allow for those members that must use a proxy and/or those members whose IP changes every 24 hours or so. I also do not want members contacting me after the fact. I have quite a few members whose only computer access is a public computer in a public library or internet cafe.

This is already a mod for this check. I am against having any IP check since it does not allow for those members that must use a proxy and/or those members whose IP changes every 24 hours or so. I also do not want members contacting me after the fact. I have quite a few members whose only computer access is a public computer in a public library or internet cafe.

same here.

When reading this though i would not mind some thing that if that member tries to log in and does log in it says a little message as to why they were banned.
This would only show up if they log in so the IP will not have to be used as only that member will be able to see it.

I had a little idea, that when the next version, or next addition to IPB is released it could include something where, when you suspend a member it has a new menu, and new features. I know this isn't supposed to be a big feature to be used, but I think this could help.

On the drop down menu where it says: Hours and days a new option could be life, and also you could add another text area that allows you to add a message that will appear when that member trys gaining access to that board again.

If you're suspending someone for life.. Aren't you Banning them? Why not move them to the Banned group?

And there is a message that displays for banned users.

Sorry, you are not permitted to use this board

You can edit the language files and change it to whatever else you like. Maybe something like "Step off, loser" or some other pithy saying.

You can edit the language files and change it to whatever else you like. Maybe something like "Step off, loser" or some other pithy saying.

yes you do have a point there.
I my self do not like to ban any one as i would reather talk the problem out with the member and if that does not work then a warning and if that does not work i will keep warning them until they have 5 warnings and at that time they will be banned.

that has yet to happen on my site though. no member has gotten over 1 warning.

yes you do have a point there.

I my self do not like to ban any one as i would reather talk the problem out with the member and if that does not work then a warning and if that does not work i will keep warning them until they have 5 warnings and at that time they will be banned.

that has yet to happen on my site though. no member has gotten over 1 warning.

We have a 'rating' (we don't call it "Warn") ... ranging from -5 to +5. ... everybody starts off with default 0. If somebody is good, they get +1 ratings, and if they're bad, they get -1 ratings. The method of suspension works really well because we suspend for 3 days when rating is reduced from 0 to -1, and then we suspend for 7 days when reducing rating from -1 to -2, and so on (you get the idea). So the current set-up is pretty good.

Archived