2.3.2 release this week?

Guest Pach

will 2.3.2 be only a bug fix release or is more planned for the release? just asking because there are so many fixes I need and am hoping for it to come out this week, and if it's a bug fix release the bug tracker looks cleaned out so should be soon (this week? :rolleyes: )

3 months about last release, is a long time... for a bug fix only... and there are fix very important that help me to use INVISON BOARD and cant spend about 30 minutes for post a message with html.

This is not correct, it isnt a my problem if u have other software to develope (or other problem) i pay for invision and i want a possibly rapid bug fix release and not after 3 months where therare so important fix.

I love ipb and for all that i develope a site with a forum i say "buy ipb is the best", but in this months u arent working so well as before.

Mattador - I think you need to chill out a bit. 2.3.1 works pretty well at my site. There's nothing serious stopping it doing most things. A few bugs have been resolved already and you can get patches / answers in the client area in the knowledge base area.

I'm the programmers at IPS aren't sitting around reading the newspaper all day and will release an update when it's ready.

Mattador - I think you need to chill out a bit. 2.3.1 works pretty well at my site. There's nothing serious stopping it doing most things. A few bugs have been resolved already and you can get patches / answers in the client area in the knowledge base area.

I'm the programmers at IPS aren't sitting around reading the newspaper all day and will release an update when it's ready.

Then the bug when i write the html in a post, when i edit with rte or standard, isnt important bug?? Patch not exist.

With that bug my writers cant edit nothing if not want lost 5 hours.

Btw no problem i'll wait, but u must accept that iam not happy how is working ipb.

3 months about last release, is a long time... for a bug fix only... and there are fix very important that help me to use INVISON BOARD and cant spend about 30 minutes for post a message with html.

This is not correct, it isnt a my problem if u have other software to develope (or other problem) i pay for invision and i want a possibly rapid bug fix release and not after 3 months where therare so important fix.

I love ipb and for all that i develope a site with a forum i say "buy ipb is the best", but in this months u arent working so well as before.

Ha... That made me laugh....

Seriously though 2.3.1 is more than stable. There's nothing seriously wrong with it. Sure there are a few things I'd like to see re-worked in the user area, and a few small features here and there, but it isn't entirely critical, especially from a business standpoint.

Right now they're working on getting IP.Nexus out to a beta. Do you know how long we've been waiting for a Content Management and/or billing system from them, especially after all the teasers that have been given? Seriously, do you have any idea? It's been a few years, if not longer...

So far, besides a few bug releases, there isn't much planned before IPB 3.0. And that's not going to happen until well after IP.Nexus is final and being used. If they decide to bring a few small features in the mean time via minor updates, great.

And btw... You shouldn't be allowing HTML for the general user on your forum. That's just trouble waiting to happen.

Seriously though 2.3.1 is more than stable. There's nothing seriously wrong with it. Sure there are a few things I'd like to see re-worked in the user area, and a few small features here and there, but it isn't entirely critical, especially from a business standpoint.

Right now they're working on getting IP.Nexus out to a beta. Do you know how long we've been waiting for a Content Management and/or billing system from them, especially after all the teasers that have been given? Seriously, do you have any idea? It's been a few years, if not longer...

So far, besides a few bug releases, there isn't much planned before IPB 3.0. And that's not going to happen until well after IP.Nexus is final and being used. If they decide to bring a few small features in the mean time via minor updates, great.

And btw... You shouldn't be allowing HTML for the general user on your forum. That's just trouble waiting to happen.

I pay for ipb, not for cms, i want that update becouse i PAY FOR IPB not for another software.

BTW only STAFF use html and that is my problem if i want use or not, its a feature of ipb not understand why i not must use... i rember u, I PAY for iPB.

I use that becouse my staff post news and that go to in homepage.

If i cant use a features the software is stable??

I pay for ipb, not for cms, i want that update becouse i PAY FOR IPB not for another software.

BTW only STAFF use html and that is my problem if i want use or not, its a feature of ipb not understand why i not must use... i rember u, I PAY for iPB.

I use that becouse my staff post news and that go to in homepage.

If i cant use a features the software is stable??

I pay for IPB as well, but it doesn't mean I can demand that they do this or that. In fact, I have several IPB licenses.

You find a bug? Report it and it'll eventually get fixed in the order it was received and/or by priority. When it gets released they'll do so on their time table, not yours. This is how the business world works. No matter how much you scream and have a fit it isn't going to change just for you.

Yes it's more than stable. Just because there may be a few minor bugs doesn't mean it isn't stable. Nothing is perfect, and you have to be patient.

I pay for IPB as well, but it doesn't mean I can demand that they do this or that. In fact, I have several IPB licenses.

You find a bug? Report it and it'll eventually get fixed in the order it was received and/or by priority. When it gets released they'll do so on their time table, not yours. This is how the business world works. No matter how much you scream and have a fit it isn't going to change just for you.

Yes it's more than stable. Just because there may be a few minor bugs doesn't mean it isn't stable. Nothing is perfect, and you have to be patient.

There are a few bugs with serious status that will be fixed in 2.3.2. In fact, I have IP.Gallery and one of the bugs in Gallery needs the IPB update for the fix. I am unable to use the IP.Board Pro skin in Gallery due to this bug. That, and the HTML bug (not that I want regular members using it anyway). Oh, did you know that we might have to rebuild our posts again in 2.3.2 once it comes out?

I mean, I understand that 99.99% of people are waiting for IP.NexusdynamicCMSwhatever right now, but some of these bugs are rather important imo. :)

Sorry, but if i buy a product and this not work i can say absolutly that i said. I remeber u that its not free, u cant say nothing if its free not when i pay 130$.

For u then i must wait and not say nothing and why?? Because their decide when release or not a bug fix release? And i not say this after 1 day or one week but 3 months, i say 3 months for a bug fix release is absolutly incredible.

Trust me when I say we are working hard on getting our products updated, as we always do. I'm not working on Nexus - I have no part in this project, so my time is not spent on it.

I DO work on Converge, Gallery, and Download Manager.

IPB is "next on the chopping block". As you can see from the bug tracker, the past few weeks I've spent a lot of time and effort to try to get everything fixed up for another release.

I do agree that a more frequent release schedule would be nice, maybe with major updates coming several times a year. We should get releases just as often as the open source projects.

But coming in here and demanding that they release a new version just because "you pay for it" isn't going to do anything. We all pay for it.

I do agree that a more frequent release schedule would be nice, maybe with major updates coming several times a year. We should get releases just as often as the open source projects.

But coming in here and demanding that they release a new version just because "you pay for it" isn't going to do anything. We all pay for it.

Lol, then if none say nothing all must say nothing... sorry but this concept not exsist.

I say, because i've problem with my version and not because i want lost my time. If u not say nothing maybe u havent problem, because not use frequently the html.

I am here, and say that 3 months for a bug fix release is a long time, or i cant say nothing and why?? I repeat who cant say nothing is only who have a free software.

I repeat bfarber, i know that u fixed many bugs, but i think that after 3 months is the time for a bug release version. OK u are developer and u know when release it, but i pay and i can say that this time for me is a long time.

I am registered here since about 5 years, and if its first time that i write this, there is a reason.

If a particular fix is important, a lot of times you'll find instructions how to manually patch it in the bug tracker. Then when you upgrade, you have the patch included in the new version... If it's not there, you could politely ask about it.

If it's a bug that's not fixed, report it and be patient. Of course if there is a bug you'd say something and report it. But beyond that, you shouldn't be demanding that they should release a new version every time there's a few bugs fixed. If they did that, then a lot of people, including myself, wouldn't be very happy about having to upgrade so much. I personally would rather have a bunch of bug fixes rolled up in a single release, and when I absolutely patch something I will do so manually when instructions are provided. When it comes to a security problem, you'll notice if it's important enough they'll provide a patch without incrementing the version number. This is normal for a commercial product. With open source projects the same thing happens... The only difference is you can grab the latest CVS version with open source projects.

I know of atleast one fairly serious bug that has still not been fixed and it was reported on the bug tracker Jul 5 2006.

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...mp;bug_cat_id=6

Archived