YouTube BB Code?

Guest UltimoGuitarist

Anyone know how to do this?

I know you have to go to make a custom BB code. I did that. I made the parametres be link

And simply used a random video to get the youtube embed code from it, pasted it in the appropriate box in the BB code maker, and replaced the link section of the embed code with {content}

The code works for the original video I used to steal the embed code from, but when you try using a different link for a different video, it stil shows up as the original video i used to make the BB code, either that or a blank square, where a video should be.

Anyone have a step by step of how to be able to embed youtube videos into your IPB? I would really appreciate it.

Clicking download should bring up a bunch of HTML code in a txt file.

Something is wrong with your browser methinks, noone else has reported this problem.

I however didn't include install instructions, it's your standard BBCode adding, you open up your BBCode manager through the ACP and add a new BBCode with the variables I put on the site, and the code you download.

I want to have it so the person has to actually place the entire video link in the code, rather than just the v=[numbers]

So I erased all that and made {content} be the entire space between the brackets. Still not working for me though. Even when I kept it the way you had it. Tried posting a different video using the code and i get a blank screen.

Here look at the first post and the last post:

http://www.misfit-island.com/index.php?sho...view=getnewpost

I want to have it so the person has to actually place the entire video link in the code, rather than just the v=[numbers]

So I erased all that and made {content} be the entire space between the brackets. Still not working for me though. Even when I kept it the way you had it. Tried posting a different video using the code and i get a blank screen.

Here look at the first post and the last post:

http://www.misfit-island.com/index.php?sho...view=getnewpost

The problem is the URL isn't a link to the actual video, but a webpage.

The Link to the video you posted (
) should actually be http://www.youtube.com/v/-djwRRV07UM.

You could modify it, but you will be confusing people being as they'll try to be using the video's Webpage link, and not the video link. Also removed the ability to place a full URL being as it can be used as an exploit to embed ANY type of media into a page, which can violate user privacy and like on MySpace, can be used to hijack browsers and do redirects (though I think flash removed the ability to do that, but not 100% sure).

I'm pretty sure I could work up a little javascript hack to fix this though, I'll get back to you after work by tomorrow with it. :)

I'm pretty sure I could work up a little javascript hack to fix this though, I'll get back to you after work by tomorrow with it. :)

JavaScript is never the solution to security issues, considering that it itself can be used to launch an attack. If you really want to make it secure, you'd have to do it server-side.

JavaScript is never the solution to security issues, considering that it itself can be used to launch an attack. If you really want to make it secure, you'd have to do it server-side.

No I meant the URL issue, the embedding security issue will always be there, alas you're site becomes no more secure than MySpace IIRC, and if you trust your posters, it's up to him.

Archived